_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
LF info on 3.7cm Flak 43 Zwilling
hogger99
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 418 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 02:51 AM UTC
Hello,

I am thinking about using 2 italeri flak 43's & converting them to the 3,7cm FlaK 43 Zwilling. I know Eagle CZ does one in resin, but find it kind of hard to shell out $150.00 for it. Has anyone tried this conversion? Are there any plans for this gun out there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 03:47 AM UTC
Ola Sam

Interesting subject isn't it the Twin 37mm Flak. I know the Eagle CZ offering as well And think it is ridiculously expensive. I was lucky enough to get the old and long out of production Puchala Resin and whitemetal kit of the gun but since it is a bit of a modelling antique I am thinking of scratching it from one of the more modern offerings on the market and using the Puchala kit as a guide.

as for reference... It is a bit hard to find anything on this particular gun. There might be some info in one of the old Waffenarsenals. Allthough I can't remember in which one (or even if) There are some old photographs online and you might find more info when you do some research into the Berlin Flaktowers as the Twin37 was placed there as well on the lower Flak ring.

Tonight I'm going by my parents house and will pick the kit up. I don't recall that the built instructions were that great being an old resin kit but maybe it is of some use to you. I can photograph all the parts and send you a scan from the instructions.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 03:53 AM UTC
A quick search online reveals that you can find info about the gun in the following Publications
- Waffen-Arsenal, Sonderband 25, "Die mittlere Flak bis 1945" ISBN 3-7909-0457-0
- Waffen Revue, Nr. 46
- Ground Power Nr 020 und 065
 _GOTOTOP