Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman groupie??
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 12:31 AM UTC
With lord davidus's thing goin,and the fact that I want to join,but me getting a tank anytime soon is minimal,I was wondering,Who would want to do a sherman groupie?I have an Italeri sherman comin in (wich in all probability will be my only tank for a while) and have that urge to do a groupie.... Or maybe there is that slight possibility,davidus would be nice enough (or drunk ) to combine the two groupies?Maybe even make a campaign......hmm.........a campaign of rivals......idea.......well just an idea.
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 04:02 AM UTC
I have a Sherman on the shelf, sounds great.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
I have (for a change) got time on my hands plus a few shermans on the shelf. Be fun to build my first sherman.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 10:48 AM UTC
I've only got one Sherman in my collection. Been eyeing that Tamiya 75mm M4a3 kit though
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:17 PM UTC
If you guys want to build Shermans, I'd be more than happy to join in, as well as offer help and advice.

I'm no expert, but I do have several books (including Hunnicutt's "SHERMAN: History of the American Medium Tank"). I have also built many variants of the beast over the years (I'd count 'em, but I always run out of fingers and toes), and I'm pretty familiar with all the kits that are available.

A great place to start (if you want to do a bit more than just build right out of the box) is Tim Streeter's U.S. Army Models website. Check his articles page: http://www.usarmymodels.com/ARTICLES/articles.html
Tim has a nice collection of articles about correcting and enhancing the most common Sherman kits.

PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:14 PM UTC
I have a few things I want to get to first, but do have the USMC sherman and a few others, it would be a good excuse to build them.....
AaronW
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
I AM a Sherman groupie but have never built a 1/35 Sherman so I'd be interested, but I'm deep into the North Africa build right now (5 vehicles in progress) and have an entry in Wings over the water and Twilight 2000, so the timing is somewhat important, as long as it runs at least into into late January or February you can count me in.
 _GOTOTOP