_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Need 1/35 US stars inside circle decals
AcornMan
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 - 09:58 AM UTC
I'm having a terrible time trying to find decals of white stars inside a broken circle for an early Sherman I'm trying to finish. I found some at Roll Models but shipping is nearly $10 for something that will require less than 50 cents for postage. Does anyone have extras they're willing to sell to me at a reasonable price? I just need two large ones for the sides of the turret and a smaller one for the top of the turret.

Just to be clear, I don't need the ones with an unbroken circle around the star. I'm looking for the ones with five gaps (one at each tip of the star). Thanks.
NormSon
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:04 AM UTC
Archer has them, if you don't mind dry transfers.
Norm Samuelson
Railspltr
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 - 01:42 PM UTC
From what I understand the gaps in the circle are from the tape they used to tape down the star-in-circle stencil. In some period photos sometimes the gap isn't exactly over the star point. Archer is a good company with prompt service. For an effect that is supposed to be spray-painted or hand-painted, cry transfers are, in my opinion so much better than decals. And you usually get enough on a sheet for several models!
 _GOTOTOP