_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1 kit from AEF
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 231 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 10:32 AM UTC
Hi guys i have manged to find the AEF kit for the m1 sherman kit number KI-136 just wondering if it is 1/35 scale and after any feedback on the kit if anyone has built one thanks in advance

http://www.aefdesigns.com/Israile_Images/Israeli_Armor_2.htm
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 01:05 PM UTC
stephen yes it is 1/35 but be foreworn that AEF kits can be well fun !!! and delling with him can be a challenge go luck
dave
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 01:36 PM UTC
hmmmmmm that sounds very ominous i am primarily after the turret as i can get a hold of Chesapeake to order the t23 turrrets with canvas cover.... can you elaborate more if thats ok in whats wrong with them. I also have found a supplier apart from AEF that has them for 1 dollar more i think so no dramas there
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 01:56 PM UTC
UUUMM lets see..... incomplete or missing directions, missing parts, warpage, bubbles. I have purchased alot of it over the years and MOST isn't worth the trouble, but for IDF stuff and lesser known variants Tony was the go to guy. Know it seems that other companies like Legend are filling the IDF market pretty good.

I know theres some people that have had a good experience with AEF designs, but alot more that havent.

Chris
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 01:57 PM UTC
stephen I have build just one of his kits and i had order it from him the casting quality is ok at best and it toke a lot of clean up of the parts, and the fit was not the best. the kit was also missing parts and when i tried to get him to replace them that was a dead end. I would say that if you do not have to deal with him directly go for it. He dose have some great subject
dave
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 02:14 PM UTC
Gentleman thank you for the replys appreciated, as i said im only after the t23 turret with canvas cover, surely there wouldnt be much drama there with warpage etc etc as for the parts missing i can stratch build if i need to but preferably not. I recently posted a thread on how i could get a hold of chesapeake but to no avail, if i could then i would definately be going there turrets. Its sounds like i have to take my chnaces doesnt it really
 _GOTOTOP