_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Red Baron finished
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2003 - 01:43 PM UTC
The Red Baron gun truck is finished. http://community.webshots.com/album/94084075iDguBJ I'm not happy with the paint and weathering. I got into a hurry to finish it so that I can work on the T2k campaign. I want to redo the rust and weathering later. This truck had a gloss black paint scheme. I like the flat colors better. Better luck next time
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 03:37 AM UTC
Nice work there animal - don't despair! I like it a lot!!!

No BS!

I wish I had more time outside of work and Family to devote to modeling, but that's what keeps me excited about retiring someday. Until then - the spice of life is starting more and more model projects

Can't hardly wait to see what you've got in store for the T2K Campaign. One of our guys is already modeling a HEMTT Gun Truck (I'm so jealous the thought of it first ) and several guys are building multiple surprises, including me. This has got me going through the rest of the year easily. This morning I have "Sopwith Camel" out of the paint booth for finishing along with five other models. I'm having a good time with too many things to get done...

Gunnie
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 07:14 AM UTC
damn nice work animal..you and gunnie are sure da man when it comes to building them...is that your resin cab and hood your using or plastic?
ttyl Ray
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 07:55 AM UTC
Thanks Gunnie. Everything went smoothly in the build but the paint gave me fits. The next one will be better.

Thanks Ray, everything except the chassis and cargo bed is cast resin or Evergreen plastic stock. I hope to have the complete model in resin soon. Still have a way to go to get all the molds made that will work properly.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 07:56 AM UTC
nice job animal is that kit a resin model or plastic.
i also agree. we can allways use more time for the modeling.
the past week or so i only had had a half hour or so to work on my stuart tank
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 07:59 AM UTC
Tazz this is not a kit. It is a home casted resin and plastic stock scratch build. The only kit parts on the truck are the M-925 Italeri kit chassis and leaf springs. The rest is cast resin from molds or scratchbuilt. The wheels are cast resin on this on also.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
once again a nice job Animal. I do like the paint scheme as it is different to a normal army vehicle.
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 12:12 PM UTC
I can't take credit for the cab/ This one is from a friend in upstate New York. It is very hard to use my own castings if I can get one of his. He is a master mold maker and his castings are superberb. The rest is my own.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 03:22 PM UTC
holy crap. that bad boy is scratch build.
animal u are a true modeling god
keep up the good work my friend

and ps all your stuff is scratchbuild
 _GOTOTOP