_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
rifleman update
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 01:17 AM UTC
Well almost there now, and i can see it starting to really take shape. Looks like this might be my best figure to date, and my first resin attempt so i well pleased.
Heres where im at

not the best photos, i know but it gives the general appearance i think. Theres still some finer paint work to be done on buckles, and the hands and feet and rifle are still to be completed but overall im happy with it. I think i'll weather it with some terracota pastels.
any other ideas are more than welcome.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 01:42 AM UTC
Nice! What scale was it? The clothes look a little bit glossy. A matt finish shoud do the work. Can you show us some pics of the face of the model? I can't see the eyes very well.
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC
heres some facial photos, i can never seem to get the focus right when trying to get up close.
I realise that there is a shine on the model and am considering flat coating the model when done but what i need to know is can a flat coat be painted over oils?
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 04:06 AM UTC
Martin,what ever you use to dull down the glossy effect,make sure it is water based or you can have a bit of bother with the reaction to the oils,i always try to minimise the shiny effect by using cardboard as a pallete which soaks up the the excess oil,or laying down matt enamel before i start painting,it is just one of these things you have to put up with if you paint in oils,i do not mind a slight sheen when painting with oils as the result to me is more satisfying than any other medium.
Arthur
 _GOTOTOP