Tamiya Crusader Mk.II in desert scene
reelmesh
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 06:47 AM UTC
Hi,

This is my first finished work post on Armorama, I've done a few 48th scale kits and been kinda falling in love for this scale gradually, I'ts just so much less time consuming and so enjoyable.

This is a OOB kit in a modest desert scene, tell me what you think and where I should improve.

There's a ton of inspirational work on this site. I've been away from modeling for six moths now and I am returning to the bench, all of the work here has been helping in getting motivated to do some more 48th scale work.

For that I thank you all for sharing!

Fire away!

Carlos

eoin666
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 01:31 PM UTC
Beautiful work Carlos, love the paint chipping and weathering, I'm also getting more into 48 scale and built this kit about a yr ago alongside a PzIII, half way through the Marder III now. I'd recommend the Skybow/AFV Club Tiger I as well if you fancy trying a big kitty.

Not improve but maybe as an addition for the desert dio' might be a buff wash/dust pigment
reelmesh
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 08:54 PM UTC
Thanks Eoin,

I did use a light wash of pigments on the Crusader and a lot of it in the base, but looking back I think that maybe I didn't applied them very well because it doesn't show as much as I intended to give that "sandy" fell to it.

That's one of the things I'll have to retry the next chance I have.

Thanks for the advice on the AFV Club kit, I'll add that on my "to buy" list.
 _GOTOTOP