Request for information on a JGSDF Type 76
bwiber
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 - 11:31 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am working on a possible project for the Weird and Strange Military Vehicle Campaign (click on the banner below for details) and need some help.

The vehicle shown below is a Type 93 Counter Battery Radar Vehicle, which as far as I can tell is called 76式対砲レーダー車 JMPQ-P7 with the trailer. The base vehicle is the Type 73 APC.... Fortunately I have a set of 1/30th scale plans for the APC which means that the 1/35th scale road wheels from the Type 74 MBT are the perfect size!

The areas that I need some information on are shown in the illustration and are listed below...

Area A (Yellow) -- There are four of these assemblies on this raised box, two on each side. So I am thinking that they are the latch assemblies that keep the raised box in place. I am figuring that the box either contains a APU or AC unit as the large box under it has seating and I am thinking it is the control center for the radar unit which is on the trailer.

Area B (Blue) -- I have no idea if there are hatches or other items on this roof. There is one conical item in the far rear corner that can't be seen in this view.

Area C (Green) -- The top of the engine compartment. Beyond the circular vent in the center of it (which matches the one on the Type 73) I don't know if there are other hatches, etc.

Area D (Red) -- This is the crew compartment. I have no idea what it looks like except that the chevron above the red oval is the access door.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer... including pointing me at sites devoted to JGSDF topics.

Thanks again,
Bob
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 02:31 AM UTC
I personnally don't know this variant but can give you some links you could have missed

Tank Guys

real tanks

Olivier
bwiber
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 436 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 04:37 AM UTC
Olivier,

Thanks for the links... while they didn't have any photos of the Type 76 they did have the little load hauler I am also looking at. Plus it gives me another place to ask for information.

Thank you for your help,
Bob
 _GOTOTOP