Braille Scale Thread Proposal?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 04:40 AM UTC
Greetings fellow Braille Scalers!

Except for a few die hard individuals, this forum has been rather quiet lately. Were are all of you hiding and more importantly, what are you building?

I have been advised that on another site they have started a regular thread allowing everyone interested in the scale to post their works in progress. This type of thing or similar "feature" could be initiated here on a somewhat regular basis, either monthly, bi-monthly or if demand was high enough, weekly. Comments, questions or observations about a kit could also be discussed. Would you consider that we might do the same here? This wouldn't stop anyone from initiating their own thread or Blog but might encourage some others that don't post much to take a more active part in this forum. What do you all think?

What's a post without pictures! Here's one of some kits that I was practising some new painting techniques on.

Cheers,
Jan
njtp80
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 07:56 AM UTC
I am building a fully interior BMP 2 from 1/72 ACE 50% done~~
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 09:43 AM UTC
@tread_geek – Jan,

Been away for a while, just taking some time away from modeling for no particular reason.

Quoted Text

I have been advised that on another site they have started a regular thread allowing everyone interested in the scale to post their works in progress

I’ve seen it and I think it is a really good idea. It would also be wonderful to have some new members join in on the fun with those that frequent this particular forum. What is needed is for someone or better yet a grouping of members to carry this thing through on a regular basis so as not to burden anyone. Any takers? I think the best way to get this thing started is simply to post a comment here (with or without any pictures) and take it from there and just see how things go! How about giving this a title of some sort to make it easy for anyone to locate and post, any suggestions from anyone out there? Because at this point it is just a proposal, any comments? Come out; come out where ever you are! A set of simple to follow rules to keep things in prospective would also be nice?

I am one of those people that likes having only one build on the bench at a time, having something like this would change that for me as I could post what it is that I am working on (text with or without pictures depending on where you may be on a build(s) just as ‘njtp80’ has done) for any extended length of time that it would take for me to complete or not, hihi. I have a project(s) that I would like to get started on right now and that would fit right in here, I’ll need to dig them/that up, begin and post it here.

Quoted Text

I’d like to see that!

I must get started, C – you!
~ Eddy
njtp80
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 02:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I’d like to see that!

I must get started, C – you!
~ Eddy [/quote]

For sure i will post my work shortly, it is really takes time to built this kind model~~
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 05:52 AM UTC
I think that I might have seen that other site doing something like what is mentioned here. I think that it would be a great idea especially for those of us that do this stuff on a more casual basis. I also must agree that this forum has been rather sparse as far as postings go lately. Although I should talk! Maybe if we could see others more modest accomplishments it might lead to inspiration and get some of us armchair hobbyists off our behinds. I'd say maybe have a roundup thread every two weeks or so. Have the roundup dates fixed and have a volunteer that could start it for a month or two before someone else takes over their turn.

Regards,
AJ

P.S.- I have occasionally fiddled with the fugimi Panzer I and Pak kit since the Braille Battlefield campaign.

Obviously I haven't done much but I did manage to break the wheel off the Pak again for the umpteenth time!!!

_GOTOTOP