_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Idylle im Grünen -
Landgraf
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 07:26 PM UTC
Hello Everyone

Some of you may see, that this is my first post in this forum. My Name is Michael, I´m 24 and from germany (By the way, sorry for my bad english - please be patient with me )

I would like to present you my very first Diorama in 1:35 scale. (Okay okay, i already did 2 little Vignettes, but this is my first attempt to build a "real" diorama)

Its a "Sturer Emil" from Trumpeter, a BMW R12 from Zvezda (including the 2 figures around the bike) and the tank-member is from a Dragon-Kit. Its complety build OOTB.

First of all - its absoluty not about historical-correctness. Its just an eye-catcher for my glass cabinet.

The vehicles are paintet with Revell-Aqua-Color, adding some Email-washes, some Filtering, mapping, chipping with Acrylics and the Mud is artistical-pigments mixed with plaster and glue.

The Base is build of styrene, Molto Wood-Putty, a used Märklin Scale 1 track and a lot of natural-products (like rootage for the trees, Stones, grasses & flowers) The Grass is made of hemp.

So, enough talking. I hope you enjoy may debut. (And this is also my first attempt with my new camera)

So, what do you think?

Greeting

Michael
wapel00
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 130 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 09:01 PM UTC
Wow, very very nice. Impressive indeed! Especially, plants. How did you make trees? Is it just some polak or faller products or something elese?
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 09:14 PM UTC
The execution is very close to perfect, from a technical point of view its really spot on.

Only thing that left me wondering - whats the story? as a display of the model its perfect - but do you have a story in mind ?

Another thing, where´s the crew - only one is visible - where´s the rest ?

Cheers/Jan
khai1981
Visit this Community
Malacca, Malaysia
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 10:22 PM UTC
why i see only frog pics . plz explain to me why .......????????
leon
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 12:28 AM UTC
Great lookin diorama, i especially love the vegetation, how did you make the trees and bushes?
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 12:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another thing, where´s the crew - only one is visible - where´s the rest ?

Cheers/Jan

Just outside the border of the dio of course :-)

Seriously, nice Work Michael, it looks really very good.
I may possibly see an enhancement by contrasting a bit more the stone wall. You made good use of the plants with plausible vegetation.

The figure problem should also be solved, Jan is right.

Welcome to Armorama

Claude
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 02:35 AM UTC
Very impressive for a first dio. I echo the others that ask what plants were used for the vegetation?
J
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 09:57 AM UTC
although it is a very very nice dio, there are 3 big things i spotted. although it may sound nitpicky, to me it can really affect the look.

the first two is the the motorchylce is set into place. the motorcycle has its front tire off the ground slightly. the other, also in conjunction to this is the officers left foot is also off of the ground for the most part.
the last is the soft looking sand. a motorcycle would have left tiremarks.

Take it for what its worth. the dio is perfect otehr than those small details.
I would really love to know how you made the trees. they look great
Landgraf
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 10:52 PM UTC
Hey there

first of all, sorry to my extrem delayed answer.

The "flying Motorcycle" is very easily explained - the Bike is standing on the kickstand. Unfotunatly you can´t see this on any picture.

The Trees are made out of Roots i have found in the forest which i have glued small parts of "NOCH"-Stuff from minitature-railroad on. This took several Hours to complete. This is originaly used to display hedges in 1:87 H0.
I think this similar to the products of Faller.

it looks like this:
 _GOTOTOP