_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bronco - Brückenleger auf Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf D 1
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 04:39 PM UTC
BRONCO Models
Brückenleger auf Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf D 1
kit CB35089
1/35 scale

Bronco previously released the German Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf.D 1 (Sd.Kfz.121) CB35061 also in 1/35 scale.

I bought this kit because of the added bridgelayer version parts that are included.

This W I P thread will start with the bridge laying and transport kit parts assembly.

Sprue shots:

Detail shots of the parts:

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 05:09 PM UTC
This is another kit on my want to do list. I'll be following.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 03:18 PM UTC
Cool Russ, I already discovered errors in the iSheets. More progress and review will continue

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 01:54 PM UTC
The engineering of this kit is well thought out. In these steps I'm referring to the molding marks and their visibility after assembly

The ejector pin marks have identical tooling marks which are actually in the manufacture's molds.

These mold seams are present in four locations on each side between the framework details of main bridge frame support - part E20

It's difficult to get a sanding stick or a file in there so I grabbed my no. 11 knife blade and scraped back and forth until this seam was gone

This is the only place that the ejector pin marks are visible. This area will not be easily visible once glued on top of part - E6. Putty and sanding these marks are the builder's option. I didn't do this on mine

These parts were built as subassemblies for easier handling purposes during sanding and installation.
The flat mounting parts - E23 E24 E25 E26 with handle parts - E14

The 'cleaned up' subassembly can be held with tweezers . . .

. . . then installed into final location

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 01:03 PM UTC

Assembly of the bridge launching and transport ramps begin in step 14.
There is an error printed in the iSheets in Step 14.
E33 is called out but it should read E34 while building subassembly 18 (x2 ea).
Subassembly 19 (x2 ea) uses part # E33.

It helped me to write the part numbers on the back of each part to assist in matching the sets after clean up.

Drawing the detail onto the back of these parts also assisted in the directional configuration of assembly. This is important but is not immediately clear or keyed into the parts so these can be glued together mix matched.

Looking ahead in the iSheets and careful examination of the parts solve the assembly configuration issues

robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 05:17 AM UTC
i know this is an old build but any more work on it? considering this kit (or perhaps the new-tool Pz.kfw I) for the bronco campaign next year - like the unusual nature of it
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 08:51 AM UTC
Rob;

YOU are reading my mind! (Careful, friend, don't be expecting much, as it's actually very shallow - you've already hit about 1/4 of it's content! )

I was hoping this thread would move along, as I have this kit and may just pull it down for the Bronco build.... And I just received that 1-F in the post a couple weeks back - which kit I actually expressly ordered for the Bronco campaign!

Not, you understand, that I'll necessarily actually BUILD either of these for same! And further, there's certes room for more than one of each!

Cheers!

Bob
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rob;

YOU are reading my mind! (Careful, friend, don't be expecting much, as it's actually very shallow - you've already hit about 1/4 of it's content! )

I was hoping this thread would move along, as I have this kit and may just pull it down for the Bronco build.... And I just received that 1-F in the post a couple weeks back - which kit I actually expressly ordered for the Bronco campaign!

Not, you understand, that I'll necessarily actually BUILD either of these for same! And further, there's certes room for more than one of each!

Cheers!

Bob

I did wonder what you would go for... Think this one would go with my 251/7 pioneer half track..... But you keep pushing me to the 1f for the interior.... Any way as I have neither in my stash I will have to see what I go for....
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 12:47 PM UTC
Hi,
I am almost done with it, and have found it to be a great kit. Turret has enough detail to keep the hatches open, the fit is perfect and the level of detail, amazing.

I would recommend it without any doubt, just be prepared to spend some time with it because of the number and size of parts.

Cannot remember any special warning at this moment,

Best regards,

Carlos
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 05:18 AM UTC
I'm with Carlos on this. I think the kit has clean crisp details and fits together well, so-far.
Robw_uk, the unusual nature of this subject is what attracted me to it as well.

I planned this as an Out Of The Box build so I didn't bother with research for accuracy.
I have set this on the side of the bench because of other distraction projects but will continue by the summer of 2014.

Thanks for the interest

_GOTOTOP