_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Cheap Trumpeter KV-1 kits at HobbyEasy
caryl576
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 08:01 AM UTC
I've not used HobbyEasy before, but after seeing several recomendations I decided to give them a go.

I found they are currently having a sale on the older Trumpeter KV-1/2 kits... £8.68 (UK) or $13.46 (US) which seems pretty good to me.

Their airmail shipping will bump this up but they do a variety of types of postage including a pretty cheap surface mail option (I guess this will be very slow, but I've got plenty of kits in the stash )

thought some of you might find the info usefull
caryl576
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 08:02 AM UTC
oh yes and even cheaper prices on the older trumpeter kits, but then they are less accurate
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 09:06 AM UTC
Hi Anthony,

I think you'll be quite happy with HobbyEasy.They have alot of great prices and their regular prices are the best I have found.Shipping is also very reasonable and quicker than most.The Academy M1151 Expanded Capacity Armament Carrier only cost me $32 with shipping to Canada.Time was about a week and a half.To buy it here would be $44 plus shipping.So to the UK it should be faster and even cheaper.

Tom
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 04:10 AM UTC
They also have loads other. Some are only £4!!!!!
Go on AFV then Trumpeter then release date ascending. So many chaep models. Anyone know what the postage is like?
Thanks
Euan
caryl576
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 04:04 AM UTC
As I was just buying bits for the sash without any real need for fast delivery

I went for the surface mail option, and paid £4.17 for a Sturer Emil delivered to the UK

I can't remember the airmail cost, but it seemed a bit pricy

I also ordered 3 sets of 1/35 scale figure heads which went airmail for ony 50p, so very light stuff (30grams) is dirt cheap to post

(OH yes the very old trumpeter stuff (chinese T54/55 copies) is pretty poor, so beware, but by the time you reach the 'stripey' boxes you can certainly work with it)
 _GOTOTOP