_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Rescued Paint Job!
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 02:10 AM UTC
Hey, I saved the paint jobs on my 2 Sherman kits and didn't need to strip them after all!Kencelot offered an idea to set them in the sun, which I did for a whole day, keeping them rotated so they got overall coverage, CaptainJack offered the use of a Hairdryer (which I waited until the wife was gone to use) used it for about 30 minutes and Generalfailure said to leave them alone, which I did for a week. Last night I was able to finish the PE and touch ups and tonite they get a coat of Future to get ready for wash/dry brushing. Maybe they will be done by next week. As usual, the great folks on this page saved an "old timer" from going to my grave early. Now if we could all get together and fix our government.............
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 06:12 AM UTC
doing great things with scale models is one thing,but fixing government would take a miracle.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 06:16 AM UTC
That's great news Chief! Glad to hear of the rescue.
I've been down that road a few times before, and as you now know, it's not a fun journey.

So, when can we see the pics? :-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 07:24 AM UTC
Glad to hear it all worked out Chief! Listening to the likes of Kenc', CaptainJack & General Failure regarding modeling is definitely a good idea. Now when it comes to fixing the Government, I'm not too sure...

Tread.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2002 - 08:10 AM UTC
I am taking a break from the single link treads. As for the pics, might be a week or two, but they will be hailed with flags and a band!!!!!!! I been at these two Shermans for 3 months now and am getting tired of the same thing.
 _GOTOTOP