_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-26 and BT-7
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hey guys.

Wanted some input here. Been playing World of Tanks for a while now and I've taken a liking to two of my most used tanks, the T-26 and BT-7. Was wondering what my best bet would be for building them.

Got my hands on a Zvezda T-26 mod 1933. How is it? I was also looking at one of the Eastern Express T-26's. I've heard things about EE, but the sprue pics I saw left me with the impression that it wasn't too bad. Saw an Italeri T-26, but kit was dated 1998?

As for the BT-7. I've seen the Zvezda offering, I kind of like zvezda. Have seen the Tamiya BT-7 but I don't know if it's worth getting. Is it an older kit?

Thanks.

A bit off topic, but anyone know about the cyber hobby JSU-122?
caryl576
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 165 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:09 PM UTC
Have a look at the link below for a decent round up of a lot of soviet light tank kits

http://ampsnz.hobbyvista.com/articles/Research/WWII/Russia/Tank/Russian%20Light%20Tank%20Kits.htm

The Tamiya BT-7 is a newer and better kit than other BT-7 kits and comes with tamiya easy build quality, but then it costs far more so you need to decide how much you want to spend.

The JSU-122 kit is an old one and if I remember correctly had accuracy issues with the lower hull.

The later orange box JSU-152 3 in 1 kit featured an improved lower hull (and lets you build the 152, 122 or 122S) as well as coming with some figures. See the link below (just the first I pulled off google, not a shop recomendation)

http://www.modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=526:cyber-hobby-jsu-152-3in1&catid=37:kits&Itemid=60

hope this helps

ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 02:02 AM UTC
Thanks. The orange box was the one I was looking at.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 03:09 AM UTC
ISU series. Tamiya is better and more accurate but more $$$. DML is dated, orange boxed is better, I loved them, and they are cheaper but more work to make look nice. Zvezda's kits are more accurate than DML, not as nice as Tamiya, and a bit cruder overall.

BT-7...Tamiya may be more expensive, but you will get a MUCH nicer kit. Italeri/Zvezda kit is a good base, but those tracks will HAVE to be replaced (they are almost impossible to work with.)

I know it is $$$, but in both cases save up your money for a nice experience unless you want the challenge of scratchbuilding and trouble shooting (and I am serious, maybe you do).

I love WoT as well, play nearly every day. I am up in the Tier 8-9 stuff.
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 01:34 PM UTC
Thanks. I guess my next purchase is the Tamiya BT-7.

I think I know what I want to do with the kits. Not sure how accurate the info is, but according to info on wikipedia BT-7's and T-26's were used during the invasion of Manchuria. Such as the 6th Guards Tank Army, Transbaikal Front which were moved to mongolia before the invasion.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 - 02:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey guys.

Wanted some input here. Been playing World of Tanks for a while now and I've taken a liking to two of my most used tanks, the T-26 and BT-7. Was wondering what my best bet would be for building them.

Got my hands on a Zvezda T-26 mod 1933. How is it? I was also looking at one of the Eastern Express T-26's. I've heard things about EE, but the sprue pics I saw left me with the impression that it wasn't too bad. Saw an Italeri T-26, but kit was dated 1998?

As for the BT-7. I've seen the Zvezda offering, I kind of like zvezda. Have seen the Tamiya BT-7 but I don't know if it's worth getting. Is it an older kit?

Thanks.

A bit off topic, but anyone know about the cyber hobby JSU-122?

as i know of the tamiya BT-7 is a all new kit i had the zevda kits in my opinion its a terrible kit
Maeusemelker
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 122 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 04:08 AM UTC
Hi,
The Zvezda and Italeri 1933 model T-26 are pretty much the same kit - Zvezda have added link and length tracks at some point. It's a bit of a mish-mash of different versions and the hull is too narrow by about 1.5mm.
As previously stated both the Tamiya BT-7 and ISU-152 are better than the other kits available, but seriously more expensive as well. The main drawback of the Cyber Hobby ISU-152 is that the road-wheels are 1mm too small - but accurate replacements are available from Miniarm.
If you want any reference material for any of the above, drop me a PM.
Cheers,
Dierk
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hey guys, bringing this topic back up because I have a question.

Where can I get Eduard PE online store wise? I'm specifically looking for #35421 BT-7. Never bought after market stuff before and I either buy my kits in store or from ebay stores I've used many times. Thanks.

I think I know what I'm gonna do now. Found a good price on an Eastern Express BT-7A and will also be getting a Tamiya BT-7 with Eduard PE. Found a good build log for the Eastern Express kit with some helpful weathering/scratch building tips. Will probably be awhile, but I promise to do a build log for the T-26 and both BT-7's. I even found a MS-1 (T-18) kit that I bought with the BT-7A!
Maeusemelker
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 122 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 05:55 AM UTC
You might be able to find it on eBay, eventually. You could order direct from Eduard but they have a minimum order of 20 or 25 bucks I think. Failing that, ever so slightly more expensive, but no minimum order lucky model
Hope this helps,
Dierk
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
Thanks. I think I just may get it off lucky model.
RunninKurt
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 12:48 PM UTC
I'm in the same boat. Actively play WoT and fell in love with the T-26. I look forward to pics of yours!!!
 _GOTOTOP