Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:09 AM UTC
Latest work...Happy modelling all...

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:31 AM UTC
I've never seen so much green on a hmmwv. The windows are quite dusty, as is the rest of the vehicle. Are you trying to represent a specific vehicle?
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 07:29 PM UTC
Looks good, different and interesting. Not sure about a few bits: the doors are the origional unarmored but the rear of the cab seems heavily armored? And the yellow rings on the hood?

But, the storage is very well executed and the plank bed looks really wood-like. How did you do it?

And what's under the tarp? From the size and shape I'm guessing 3 barrells of beer
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:27 PM UTC
Looks like it is constructed well.

What is it supposed to be though? My guess is totally fictional. Where do you put the fuel in? Since the rear of the truck has been cut off, including the fuel filler. What is up with the exhaust pipe down the wrong side as well? The exhaust comes out the other side of the engine. I could go on with what is wrong with it, but will stop here.
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:53 PM UTC
Good job, nice model A little pity, that You didn't make it looking exactly like the original:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/569371572JOMzwh?start=24

In fact very weird modification. BTW - have You got any photo more that these two?
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good, different and interesting. Not sure about a few bits: the doors are the origional unarmored but the rear of the cab seems heavily armored? And the yellow rings on the hood?

But, the storage is very well executed and the plank bed looks really wood-like. How did you do it?

And what's under the tarp? From the size and shape I'm guessing 3 barrells of beer

Thanks Sean...There's no armor my friend...Just some plates make that part closed...Under the tarp..?

I hope your guess is true...

Quoted Text

Looks like it is constructed well.

What is it supposed to be though? My guess is totally fictional. Where do you put the fuel in? Since the rear of the truck has been cut off, including the fuel filler. What is up with the exhaust pipe down the wrong side as well? The exhaust comes out the other side of the engine. I could go on with what is wrong with it, but will stop here.

You can see that pictures in Kuba's message Gino...and there is fuel filler on the right side behind the can and under the chain....

Quoted Text

Good job, nice model A little pity, that You didn't make it looking exactly like the original:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/569371572JOMzwh?start=24

In fact very weird modification. BTW - have You got any photo more that these two?

Thank you Kuba...

I didn't make original because i don't like that colours..

Unfortunately i don't have any other picture about that truck...
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 04:55 AM UTC
OK, I stand (well sit anyway) corrected. That is definitely a wierd one. Must be a civilian contact team vehicle at Camp Pendelton since those are Marines looking at it in bewilderment.
TacticalSquirrel
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 538 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 08:22 AM UTC
Never mind, Gino's probably right, the lack of hesco's and T walls doesn't seem like the AOR, Pendelton or the Stumps makes more sense.

In the spirit of this thread...

I give you, the batmobile.

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 08:53 AM UTC
I totally missed this one back then. Well, it's still 2012 anyway.

Very unique vehicle and project. Build and paint and weathering look great. Thanks for posting the 1/1 prototype pics, kubisz.

I have an oddball HMMWV project going as well but it's on the bench side for now. Really, it's right next to my left arm when I sit there. Seeing yours might be enough to motivate me to complete mine

Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 09:31 AM UTC
Thank you Marcel & KSO.....
 _GOTOTOP