_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Civil War 50 cal chariot
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hello all,

This is just a little vignette I had finished a while ago, I have no figure that is suitable for it and I have no sculpting skill. I decided to put this vignette together after having seen a picture of this chariot in a book. It was designed to make it easier to move the browning 50 cal from one position to another, as most of the fighting during the civil war was done from within buildings they moved the heavier weapons from window to window. It was an interesting read. As I wanted it to be a quick build I did not build the wall and window behind the sand bag and drum wall.

The chariot was scratch built using pieces from the spare box, everything was painted with Tamiya acrylics. Valehjo pigments were used to weather the base.

Sorry if chariot is the incorrect name, but that’s what they called it in the book I read about the Lebanese civil war (it was in French).

Do let me know what you think, I am still rather new at weathering so I hope it’s not too bad.
Regards,
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 02:17 PM UTC
Vlad: nice little scene. My only comment is that the sand bags seem top heavy and ready to fall over, a little out of balance.

I wonder how well the chariot would take the recoil of the 50?? Could work like a skateboard!

Happy Modeling, -zon
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:49 PM UTC
very nice and cool subject..Your weathering is very good.
Reserve
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 03:00 PM UTC
I think your weathering is quite good. It's subtle and not overdone, thus adding a realistic quality. Nice work.
 _GOTOTOP