Hosted by Darren Baker
Bailey Bridge
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 12:33 PM UTC
Ive finished My Bailey Bridge, and just finished a M4A4 Sherman to add to my WWII display dio.
There is a lot to do on the diorama yet and some things are temporary. I've got about a year's worth of on again off again work on this thing.
lWWII Diorama
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 02:59 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

Great job on the dio.Man that is huuuge .

It would look good to see some pastel chalk around the earth sections just to blend this in from a plasticky type of look.
The layout is very effective and the baily bridge is the center piece and it works.

The priest possibly could be changed out for an M16 halftrack or a couple of bofors units to protect the bridge.
This was standard ops orders for Bridge protection.

At the end of the day if you are happy with it ,stay with it. Overall an outstanding effort.

Michael

SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 10:51 PM UTC
I'm going to do an overall pastel weathering on the Bridge and add some dirt to the approaches,,soon. I may need to remove it a time or two yet, so till then I'm going to leave that part left undone. Thanks for the info and advice on the Bofors, I'm going to make that a my new research project and will be looking for a kit.
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 12:00 AM UTC
I spent the morning looking at M-16 Halftracks after Michael's post. I want to thank him for the information and idea. I've found Dragon's kit # 6381, and also Big Ed Release for that kit. Look out Mama, it's going to break my model budget for next month, BUT I got to have it..
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 12:02 AM UTC
Who's got the best Crew for the M16 I wonder?
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ive finished My Bailey Bridge, and just finished a M4A4 Sherman to add to my WWII display dio.
There is a lot to do on the diorama yet and some things are temporary. I've got about a year's worth of on again off again work on this thing.
lWWII Diorama

Nice diorama exceptr for one thing the US ARMY never used the M4A4 the M3A4 Sherman was used exclusivly by the british and canadians
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 12:45 AM UTC
yes. I'm aware, It's a case of whats available at your hobby shop , and your budget sometimes. I'm going to use help from you guys to get it right.
I've just gotten back into the military models after retiring, and what you see there is my WW2 collection, without thought to this point. My Models from here on out will be more researched , and with help from you guys correct for unit ,time and place.
I wonder if it was more likely to see a Bofors unit over a M16 for air cover at a bridge. Bronco has a Canadien Bofors kit, but Dragon's kit 6381 is US and more to my liking.
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:08 PM UTC
I dusted the bridge and dirtied up the ramps and deck for final weathering. Bailey work
 _GOTOTOP