_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Second Year of WWII Diorama build
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 11:44 PM UTC
My WWII dio has entered it's second year of building. Most of my basic stuff done. I'm selecting models and building now to creat a reallistic scene around my Bailey bridge. On a recent post it was suggest by Mike to add anti- aircraft cover. DUH,, Why hadn't I thought of that.. Thanks Michael from Australia.
After a few days research I've got 3 kits I'd like to have
Dragon kit #6421- Quad fifty's on a trailer, I'd need a deace and a half also. This one is a for sure as these seem to be indicated as the most common US type equipment for AA cover.
HobbyBoss #82459- 40mm Bofor's on a GMC truck..nice
Dragon kit #6381-M16 Quad fifty's half track. Can't believe I haven't ordered it yet.
Anyone build these kits yet? Let me know.
Lots of fun building a big diorama. Finally I'm done with scenery to the point were I can work on just models for a time. Some days tho I go back and tune up my scenery as I learn, observe or think of something new.
WWII dio
SoumiArbs
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 - 01:27 AM UTC
I've taken a few new shots of my WWII diorama, you can see them at the link site below..
I'ts a work in progress so don't mind the copper you can see on my trees and the way the limbs are bent. This diorama is for displaying my WWII Allies builds as they happen, and a photo fun place too. The pieces will be always rotating. The diorama itself is always getting updated and I figure another year of time on it before I glass it in. When I glass it in , I'm going to add a top with crown molding, hidden lighting, and maybe some model display area on top. A cabinet underneath will store my builds that are not on show. Size-wise it is a 48" by 28" large diorama and fun.
Latest WWII Diorama Pictures.
 _GOTOTOP