_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
LF:pics of RMCommando WMIKs during Telic 2003
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi,
soon I´d like to start my next project, the HB Land Rover WMIK. I have decided to depict the early version from Op. TELIC 2003. I am still thinking between the Paras and RM Commandos. As there are lots of pics of the Paras´ WIMIKs I found max 3 or 4 photos of the tan/green RM Commandos version
Therefore I am kindly asking you for a help or advice where to find some...

Thanks a lot in advance

Jiri
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 12:46 AM UTC
Maybe you'll find something useful here :
http://a-z-modeling.blogspot.fr/2011/04/land-rover-wmik-wmik-defender-wolf.html

Too bad the pics are not captionned...

Frenchy
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 02:29 AM UTC
Great website with a lot of pics.

For Telic 2003, W.M.I.K are equipped with old type of tires and rims and don't have any IED counter system. Also, there aren't any covered armor panels on sides and rear of the vehicle and no armored floor in V-shape.
JohnTapsell
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 226 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 08:14 AM UTC
Shame that they are using lots of photos without credit or permission...

Jiri - for an RM WMIK you'll need to add the air vent cowl on the left (passenger) wing (the PE set from PHD offers the vent for example) and the deep wading pipe on the right. Note that this is an earlier version of the wading pipe and not the same as the ones in the Legends or Black Dog accessory sets.

Otherwise, a 2003 WMIK is pretty much what you get in the HB kit - just reduce the height of the WMIK frame by about 4-5mm.

John
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:53 PM UTC
Accurate Armour has released a number of update/correction sets for the Hobby Boss Kit to replicate just about all the different WMIK "versions". In fact, they have a set for the 1997-2004 period that should fit nicely into the Telic time frame. Here's a link: http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=14&subcategory=173&product=2255

BTW, "O-WMIK" is actually a term coined later to help differentiate the original WMIK's (hence 'O-WMIK') from the later upgraded/newer vehicles.
skarik
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 324 posts
Armorama: 295 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:08 AM UTC
Hi guys,
thanks for all your replies. More or less I am done with the research of what´s necessary to depict the 2003 vehicle.
Anyway I think I´ll go for the Paras vehicle as there are only a few pictures available of the RM Land Rovers. I found some in Youtube videos, but still nothing useful.

Jiri
 _GOTOTOP