_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Neubau-Fahrzeug Nr. 3-5
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 11:00 AM UTC
Jan Etal builds and reviews Dragon''s new Braille-Scale Neubau-Fahrzeug kit.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 11:26 AM UTC
Jan, look at you with your separately bagged turret on a 1/72 scale kit. Another very nice review, and I think it is great that some of the more obscure stuff is coming out in this scale, this being but yet another example. A great looking model, no doubt you will favour us with the rest of the build and paint.

Just one thought - thank goodness there's already some 1/35 kits of this subject so no-one has to say "I so want this in 1/35th".
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 04:29 AM UTC
@barkingdigger - Tom, thanks for getting this up and for a nice job of editing the section headers.

@firstcircle -

Quoted Text

Jan, look at you with your separately bagged turret on a 1/72 scale kit. Another very nice review, and I think it is great that some of the more obscure stuff is coming out in this scale, this being but yet another example. A great looking model, no doubt you will favour us with the rest of the build and paint.

Thank you, Matthew. A first I was a bit disturbed because I couldn't find the small turrets on a sprue. It came as somewhat of a shock that they were in the little bag and stuffed inside the main turret. I have been torn or of two minds with this kit. On the one hand it is definitely an attention "getter" yet what about all the more prominent vehicles that have failed to materialize in plastic!

As for a completion of the build and painting, most definitely. I'm not sure when I will get to it but I hope that it will be sooner rather than later.

Quoted Text

Just one thought - thank goodness there's already some 1/35 kits of this subject so no-one has to say "I so want this in 1/35th".

Amen to that!!! If I only received a single gold piece for the number of times a comment has been left bemoaning that fact in my other reviews.

Cheers,
Jan
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 07:50 AM UTC
Very informative review and this one doesn't seem too bad except for what you say to look out for. I'll keep my eyes open for one of these. Can't wait for the continuing Blog of this build.

Regards,
AJ
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 04:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very informative review and this one doesn't seem too bad except for what you say to look out for. I'll keep my eyes open for one of these. Can't wait for the continuing Blog of this build.

Thanks AJ, I always appreciate a comment. The Blog may be a bit yet but don't shy away from this one. The only small potential problem might be with the fenders. They are nice and thin and their might be some warping or such, maybe. Any other questions in the mean time, please feel free to inquire in this thread. I'll do my best to answer.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP