Arab uprising (Syria)
FreeArmy
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:59 PM UTC
Hi,

I have been working on this diorama from the arab uprising againt the brutal regime in Syria. This is my first diorama, that i have scratchbuilt (not the figures and tank. So I am still a beginner in that sense.
I have called this diorama "The suburbs of Damascus 2012".

The tank represents the regimes army, while the figures represent rebels from the free syrian army.

I started out with putting a T-72 tank (T-72M1 from Tamiya) with the diorama, but it seems to be to big for the diorama, so now I am assembling a Shilka (ZSU-23-4V1 from Dragon) instead.

I am not done with it, so comments, suggestions and critics are highly appriciated.

If you have questions about how some of the part are done, please also let me know. I have taken some pictures of some of it while creating it.

Sorry for any typos.

Best regards
Aldimashqi
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 12:16 AM UTC
The building and figures look great. Any in-progress pics to see how you did them?

If the T72 was too big, the Shilka will look huge. It is larger than the T72. If you don't have enough room for the T72, you won't for the Shilka either. A smaller vehicle like a BMP would be better.
FreeArmy
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The building and figures look great. Any in-progress pics to see how you did them?

If the T72 was too big, the Shilka will look huge. It is larger than the T72. If you don't have enough room for the T72, you won't for the Shilka either. A smaller vehicle like a BMP would be better.

Thanks for the feedback
The figures are from Masterbox (MB3576).
You are right... I should propably try with a BMP instead.
Here are some pictures from the build.

I'll post some pictures later tonight.

Best regards
Aldimashqi

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 07:17 AM UTC
great job, I'm working on the same thing, diff buildings,other victime, but same set up and figs

lookin forward to your build!

having some problems with uploading pics for the moment,I'll open my own post later

Greetz
 _GOTOTOP