_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter - Russians on the way
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 12:58 AM UTC
More announcements from Truumpeter, and they include a few for Russian fans, a big mobile howitzer, another version of the LAV, and a braille tank for IDF fans.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 - 03:26 AM UTC
great news! I especially like the upgraded BTR-60!!!!

The T-64 will be nice as well.... just wish Trumpy would take a shot at the T-72 series!

Chris
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 04:53 PM UTC
Great just sweet!!!!!

T-64 is sweet but a decent new tooled T-72 is waitted for more then 20years(since the 1992 tamiya T-72 release)

Please trumpeter grand our wishes!!!!!! And thank you trumpeter for occupying the cold war soviet armory, let tamiya and HK dragon know that cold war Soviet armor still got fans!!!!!!!!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great just sweet!!!!!

T-64 is sweet but a decent new tooled T-72 is waitted for more then 20years(since the 1992 tamiya T-72 release)

Please trumpeter grand our wishes!!!!!! And thank you trumpeter for occupying the cold war soviet armory, let tamiya and HK dragon know that cold war Soviet armor still got fans!!!!!!!!

What, no love for the T-80 series? That's what I'm praying Trumpeter does next. At least there is a decent T-72 out there, the T-80 kits are all just junk. Throw an SP Designs conversion/update kit at the Skif one and you get something reasonable but there is a crying need for one in plastic.

Matt
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 - 03:57 AM UTC
I look at it this way- T-62, T-64...surely it is a progression thing like their BTR's- it would be logical to assume the T-72 and T-80 are in the pipeline...at least I really hope so !
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 - 04:11 AM UTC
Hi, I also wrote a message to the forum about this topic some days ago.
Hmm, I really hope, that Trumpeter will rework the information of the "upgraded BTR-60", which has in my opinon (and a video) a 30mm gun and an 30mm automatic-grenade-launcher.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/192384&page=1

greetings...
Soeren
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 - 04:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I look at it this way- T-62, T-64...surely it is a progression thing like their BTR's- it would be logical to assume the T-72 and T-80 are in the pipeline...at least I really hope so !

Karl, as you know I REALLY HOPE SO

Quoted Text

Great just sweet!!!!!

What, no love for the T-80 series? That's what I'm praying Trumpeter does next. At least there is a decent T-72 out there, the T-80 kits are all just junk. Throw an SP Designs conversion/update kit at the Skif one and you get something reasonable but there is a crying need for one in plastic.

Matt

You're right Matt, actually both subjects would be really welcome, but T-72 was far more diffused than the T-80. A new tool of it would allows us to represent lots of variants,versions and camo schemes. Tamiya kit is good but it depicts only a quite rare Eastern German M version...
cheers
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 - 12:36 PM UTC
any new tooled T-72 or T-80 will be just more then sweet!!!!

20 years waitting, who cares about few couple of years???

Thanks trumpeter agin
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 - 12:58 AM UTC
Is that turret in actual production, or is this another 'seen at one Arms show, but never bought by anyone' kind of thing.

Is the turret on the BTR the same as mounted on the MTLB series?

Is that turret mounted onto other vehicles? BTR-70-80?

my google-fu is a bit weak this morning, and most of the BTR 60PB upgraded hits just link to wikipedia pages..

Loving the new Russian/Soviet armor Trumpeter, keep them coming.

Mike
Karl187
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 - 04:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is that turret in actual production, or is this another 'seen at one Arms show, but never bought by anyone' kind of thing.

my google-fu is a bit weak this morning, and most of the BTR 60PB upgraded hits just link to wikipedia pages..

Mike

Mike- I believe the turret is a BPPU-1 which is sometimes seen on MTLB's as you said and it is also mounted as standard on the BTR-80A. It can also be mounted on the BTR-70 and some other Russian and one or two Western vehicles.

It isn't a 'once at an arms show' affair either- its part of an ongoing BTR-60 upgrade program by Arzamas.

Arzamas Website

I don't reckon it is just your 'google-fu' either- pics and good details seem to be quite thin on the ground when it comes to this variant.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Mike

Mike- I believe the turret is a BPPU-1 which is sometimes seen on MTLB's as you said and it is also mounted as standard on the BTR-80A. It can also be mounted on the BTR-70 and some other Russian and one or two Western vehicles.

It isn't a 'once at an arms show' affair either- its part of an ongoing BTR-60 upgrade program by Arzamas.

Arzamas Website

I don't reckon it is just your 'google-fu' either- pics and good details seem to be quite thin on the ground when it comes to this variant.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit.

According to this site

http://lenta.ru/news/2006/08/07/murom/

That's a modernization project, developed by Murom diesel locomotive factory, provides for modernization of the BTR-60PB and increasing its combat capabilities to the level of modern BTR-80A

Also the engine has been upgraded. Vehicle carries the 2А72 gun

http://www.kbptula.ru/rus/str/cannons/2a72.htm

Karl187
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 03:55 AM UTC
Mauro- thanks for that info, interesting stuff.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 10:03 PM UTC
I remembered this link I used when I did Zvezda's BTR-80 with the BPPU-1 turret. The link was originally posted over on ML by Mikhail Mokeyev. As you can see the turret is mounted on an MT-LB, scroll down for lots of turret detail:

http://twower.livejournal.com/510949.html

-KARL187-
 _GOTOTOP