Hosted by Darren Baker
T-84 Yatagan 1/35
Stefan94SRB
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:24 PM UTC
Here is another scratchbuilding project of Ukrainian MBT. This one is a further developed model of T-84 Oplot M (which i also build and post here on forum, link is on the bottom of post). It is also developed by Kharkiv Morozov Machine Building in Ukraine. In some sources, it is referred as a T-84 Oplot Yatagan, and the older version as just T-84 Oplot M.

However, i did not started this model myself. My very good friend started it a while ago, then he decided to abandon it. Since it is high on my list of Must-do models, i decided to adopt it, alongside all the aftermarkets he had. The plan was, i make Oplot M, he makes Yatagan, and then see which is better. Looks like now i have them both!
Zvezda's T-80 UD was used as a base, and a Miniarm resin cupola of T-90A version 2000 is bought as a base for turret, as it is the same one as it is on real tank. About 25% percent of overall scratchbuild is done. Tool boxes and blow up panels on the back of turret are done, as well as some resin parts of the turret and some part of front armor plate which is completely flat on this tank. That's all, the rest is up to me. I must say that there is a lot easier to build that the Oplot M, but we'll see which will come out better.
Here are some pics of what i got:

And in a comparesment with Oplot's turret:

Thats all folks! Comment are welcome.

Best regards, Stefan!
cagkancakir
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 434 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:56 PM UTC
Hi Stefan,

I have just one comment at this time: NICE.. Please build them together!!

You are building two great and good looking tanks, and you have an interesting project, I will follow this too..

CC
 _GOTOTOP