_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Candian Lynx / Version of dingo
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:07 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of / make a kit / conversion set, either resin / plastic of the above.

In 1/35th

Cheers Mike
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 03:40 AM UTC
MiniArt make a few versions of the Dingo in styrene. The Canadian version seems to have additional stowage boxes on the side which look easy to scratch. The MiniArt kit is an extremely well-done kit, although care is needed in lining up the angles of the front armor plates.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 04:57 AM UTC
I did some homework since my above post and discovered that the Lynx and Dingo, while superficially similar, were not the same. The Ford Lynx being some 20" longer, different shaped engine compartment, and different wheels and tires. Which shoots my previous posting all to hell, and is no longer a simple scratch-conversion! . Although I believe some Lynxes were replaced with British Daimler Dingos. So I might still go with MiniArt's Daimler Mk lll with appropriate Canadian markings and call it a day!
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 09:24 AM UTC
Hey Biggles,

LOL thanks for the info, I had heard they were a little larger & a bit different than the Dingo, and as murphys law would have it, It needs to be a Lynx in NZ service to match the photo I am looking at.

Will have to hope maybe someone will make it!! Hint Hint Mini art mike
iangarnett
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hi Mike,

Azimut made a resin one but it is long out o production. I managed to get one by asking on the buy/sell a few years ago. I built it up and scratchbuilt an interior - there are photos on track-link (gallery under New Zealand). If teh scales are correct the lynx is quite a different size than the dingo.

I thought getting that built would see a plastic one released any day but we've still not seen it.

Hopefully you might have luck finding it.

Best regards

Ian
 _GOTOTOP