_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-34/85
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 06:43 AM UTC
I got Dragon's T-34/85 it looks really nice. The tanks are dented! the hull and turret is textured. it looks great. i can't wait to start it but it might have to go on the shelf for a while since the trench campaign is coming up soon.
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 07:05 AM UTC
I have just bought the new t34/85 by Zvezda, cheaper ,but I think also these is a nice kit. also in this kit the turret is textured.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:44 AM UTC
John

I have just started Dragon's T34-85 and it looks very solid. UofAWildcat (another Armorama member), and a pretty sound Russian afficienado, highly recommends this kit as a build.

I'm in the early stages, but the kit is definitely will made, reflects good molding, no flash, and of course the indi links.

You'll like it and good luck with your build.

Steve
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:21 PM UTC
Hmmm - I might have to get one of these - but I wanted to do a 1941 model.

I'm pretty slow when it comes to russian stuff - can the 85 be backdated, or would I be better off getting a different kit?

Later-
Jeff
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:50 PM UTC
I am in my local LHS has one.
So what else is their that is great about the kit?
Is their a lot extra parts?
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:24 PM UTC
The newer DML kit is a clean, nicley cast kit as what we expect from Dragon.

The turret is the same as NVA T-34/85 and has the same late war/post ware buldge on the left side (from the rear looking forward). There are two (1 and 1/2) sprues which contain the new pieces. There are new wheels (spoked rubber ala Tamiya, CMD, etc.), a net turret/coupula with hatch, drive sprocket and a muzzle for the OT-34.

Oh yeah, those two rounded fenders that you ahve to add by cutting off the stock angled ones. This is my only gripe, being that I love the T-34 (and think this kit is great), if I cut off the palstic, I would be adding a simple PE rather than another piece of plastic.

I know that the manufactureres need money and this is simple business (re-boxing a kit with a little addition) but I think that it would be better to have a new upper hull. You know, for the modeler that does not take knife and saw to the plastic to add metal and resin.

That said, I betcha that they boys in the machine shop were busy with the mod 41 rather than taking time for the new hull. I still like this kit and it will make a good addition to the T-34 collection.

Dave
AMPS LA
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:39 PM UTC
i've been in a soviet/russian armor mood for a while now... never built one thought i'd give it a try.. i'm planning on getting a JR barrel and Aber's detail set.. maybe fruils if i have the money but the kit tracks seem pretty nice... what tamiya color should i use for the base coat?

jeff being that i know damn near nothing about soviet armor i can't help you with backdating it to 41. maybe the t-34/76?? correct me if i'm wrong wwhich i most likely am!
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
i think it looks like it'll consume quite a bit of time especially with some PE details. dave i totally agree with you on the fenders why replace plastic with plastic... that's why i'm abering it up lol
 _GOTOTOP