_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Pak 97/38 Captured!!
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hi all,

I was going to enter the Under a Different Flag (Captured)campaign, but due to delay after delay and a little illness I have sort of run out of time.

So I decided to do my entry anyway as I had planned but to only do it for fun.

The idea was to do some soviets with a captured german nebelwerfer as I have seen a little footsge of this in a documentary so I decided to do something similar.

I bought (very cheaply) dragon kit no. 6445 . So cheaply infact that I could not buy the version without the crew any cheaper. Still at some point I will put the Heer artillery crew up for sale on Ebay!!.

So I have a Pak 97/38 to build but no crew to well crew it! I found Miniart did an artillery crew set No. 35031, which seem to fit the bill for my purposes, albeight with the turned brass ammo from the kit should look good enough. I also took the plunge and bought the rb moidel barrel to suit. After a few hours of staring at the pictures from their site (as they seem not to provide any instructions!) I think I have figured out the correct sequence to assemble it!

So far I have done a little construction of the carriage and one of the trails, along with half of two of the miniart figures. The kit itself is fairly straght forward and I think it won't take me lomg to bash it together.

All for now more pics tommorrow or later on may be.

Paul
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
Started the base just a flat area, to be painted ans a few bits of junk added, bricks ets for colour etc.

The two trails are finished along with the lower part of the carriage as shown in the following pictures.

Next I need to finish the carriage and the gun sheild, before moving on to the figures.

As indicated in the picture the small holes in the carriage wheels need to be drilled out a little so they can be seen!!

The small brick wall is from a tamiya set and will need to be flushed in a little once I attach the junk to the base, but I still can't decide on the side of the base to attach it!

More soon.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP