_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
just a thought
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:02 AM UTC
after seeing dragons railway gun "leopold" , how about a railway campaign.
we could put them all togather and make one big train. #:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:36 AM UTC
Thing about the leopold it takes along long time to build. Not many modellers will build it straight, from start to finish, but more on a on/off situation. To make this a campaign it would need a huge time frame......
There is already a thread running where some guys are building the leopold .... sort of a group build... maybe thats where you should start. It also needs at least 10 interested parties to get to campaign status. Now that this is already running it may be hard to get that many together again as this is not everybody´s cup of tea, and others cant afford it!
But its not up to me to say yes or no, just adding my two cents worth!
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now that this is already running it may be hard to get that many together again

If thats what you wanted to do you could include the guys that have started already. I have mine on the shelf to build when i have space. A campaign for railways may not be a bad idea as you could include Kommandowagens, artileriewagens, flat beds, box cars, engines, armored engines or even simpler dios of perhaps a group of sappers about destroy a section of railway track. The scratchbuilders out there could build the tiger turret mounted on a flatbed (sorry dont know the name).
Theres definately a lot of scope for a campaign like this but as plasticbattle rightly says this would need a very long time scale in order to include the k5 builders. Its something i'd be interested in doing but i dont intend to start my k5 until after the new year. Let me know if you decide to run this beast of a campaign though.
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 03:07 AM UTC
we will have to see how this thread develops
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 03:27 AM UTC
There is a quasi-group build going on under the header of K5 builders, and sever other threads.
I suspect any kind of offical campaign will have a hard time gaining momentum given the recent dicussions and changes to the campaign format. Group builds, however, have been offered as an alternative to "offical campaigns."
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 05:12 AM UTC
Well, lets face it.some railway projects are as big as Mount Fugi.So already started projects would be welcome.
It has already been said that such a large project would be an on/off type thing.All the more reason for such a campaign,to give motivation to finish the project.
Let me also add that anyone willing to take on such a massive project has my respect.
Personally I would love to do "leopold"but I find that just the size of the project is intimidating.
 _GOTOTOP