Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon Churchill IV question
buff
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 12:20 PM UTC
I have a question regarding assembly of the running gear. How does part A23 fit in with the long wheel/spring assemblies? The instructions indicate that the left arm connects to A23. Does it connect to the forward of the two notches on A23 and swing back? If so, what does the bottom of A23 attach to? What does the right side attach to? Can I attach B1 to B4, then attach A23? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had enough experience with Dragon instructions to know they can be difficult, but this one has me beat.
TIA
Bill
buff
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 11:29 AM UTC
I couldn't get back to the bench for a few days, so sorry for not checking in. I got it sorted last night. I put everything else on and looked for a likely opening. Now that I've figured out the mistake in the instructions the running gear on the other side should go together ok, but the first side was a serious pain.
Thanks for looking.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 08:59 PM UTC
Hi Bill,

Sorry I missed you post but glad you got it sorted. There are several very useful reviews over on PMMS that are well worth a read when doing a Churchill.

http://perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/afvclub/afvclub.htm

Enjoy

Cheers

Al

Missed the point that it was a Dragon kit but the reviews are worth a read anyway.

Al
buff
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 12:02 PM UTC
Hi Al,
Sorry for not updating sooner. I've been going between work, my son's sports and the bench over the last few weeks. I picked up the AFV Club Mk III as soon as it came out, so I went through that review line by line as soon as Terry put it up.
Thanks
Bill
 _GOTOTOP