_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Watch on the Rhine
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 03:38 AM UTC
I know it's over a year away, but Dec. 16, 2004 will mark the 60th anniversary of the start of the Battle of the Bulge. I mention this as a reminder if some sort of Campaign calendar is being (or might be) developed for the coming year.
Alot of anniversaries in '04 -D-Day, Market Garden, Huertgen Forest, Watch on the Rhine- and, I'm not even thinking about Pacific theater battles.

Well, back to my T2K project

Peter
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC
Peter:
Yep 1944 is one busy year, we'll have the 60th annv. of Tarawa and Bouganville in Nov. 2003 too.
There is a ton of stuff for 1944. I think Market Garden and D-Day campaings are in the work. I wonder if there would/could also be another campaign that covers other 60th annivesaries of the war, the buldge (you know this one will come up again), Saipan, Tinian, etc.... Again, this idea can include ships to figures, while I have pontificated on this topic, I'll be the first to say there do need to be limits on the number of campaigns in a year. However, I fully back the concepts that include all aspects of modeling.
If these idea of other campaigns falls by the wayside for 2004, al an all inclusive VE/VJ campaign for 2005 might be a good idea (In the pacific that opens up the possibilities for Okinawa and Iwo Jima)
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 04:47 AM UTC
Hi
A Battle of the Bulge campaign sounds like a great idea. I know I would sign up! Some of those other campaigns dealing with the Pacific theater some real promising to. How would one go about starting a campaign on those lines ?

HarryD.
 _GOTOTOP