_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
been around for ten years
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 06:40 PM UTC
Ola guys.
7th of June. D-day plus one. 10 years ago I became a member of this website. Been a long way since. Saw a lot of things change. Saw a lot of people come and go but have always enjoyed my stay here. a big thanks to the staff for all the hard work they put in and thanks to all the members who will hopefully make the coming ten years as enjoyable as the last ten.

With friendly greets

Robert Blokker

beer for everyone
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 07:10 PM UTC
Hi Robert,

Let me profit from my greets to you and thanks for all your contributions to make my own anniversary 2000 th post on Kitmaker! When i reach your 7500 i will be an old man! LOL

Greets from Lux

Claude

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 07:26 PM UTC
Hi Robert,

Enjoy your contributions a lot, congrats for staying the course and enjoy the next 10 years.

Cheers and thanks for the beer

Al
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 10:53 PM UTC
Wow, 10 years? KUDOS!!

I think it's amazing I have been here since 2005!

I've gone through several stages of modeling but hope to be back on track. (track ... get it?)

~ Jeff
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 528 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 11:42 PM UTC
Hey Robert,

Congrats! You've beat me with about 6 months.

Recently noticed that I'll be a member here to for 10 years... Time really flies!

Dave
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:22 AM UTC
Kudos to you as well Dave!

Funny ... besides the D-Day Campaign I've never seen you around before?

(just kiddin')

~ Jeff
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kudos to you as well Dave!

Funny ... besides the D-Day Campaign I've never seen you around before?

(just kiddin')

~ Jeff

Yeah, I've been modelling on and off in the past ten years, so, I've not always been very active on the site either.

Which you can see on my post count.

Anyway, now, I'm going full ahead, again!

Dave
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 01:05 AM UTC
Congrats and thanks for your contributions,I just made 6 years myself,and have enjoyed being here.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 01:40 AM UTC
Thanks for all your contributions over the years Robert, and for the ones to come in the future. Here's to, at least, another 10
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 02:52 AM UTC
Congrats.

I got in a month or so after you, but have not racked up quite the post count.
Been here through quite a lot, a couple of moves, job switches, etc.. with any luck I'll still be here in another 10

Mike
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 03:13 AM UTC
Ha! I'm 4 months "older" than you, greenhorn!

I too remember the days when Armorama just started. How things have changed, eh? I still remember our conversations back then, and all the EURO and World Cup Championships we commented. It was a fun ride these 10 years, mate.

All the best,
Mario
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 04:18 AM UTC
Ola Guys

Thanks for the congrats

@ Claude you congrats with the 2000th post here on the forums. I kinda wonder how I got to that number of 7500 there should be a lot of nonsense among it as well And looking at Alans Post count I just come looking.

@ Alan
Also you thanks for the reply. I too enjoy your posts and you are making a really big and valuable contribution to the enjoyment I get from these fora.

@ Jeff
Well The past year have not been all modelling and I went silent on the mainforum for a while couple of years back when the site was under dictatorial command. Spend a lot of time on the Dutch Forum then. But all in all looking back at the last ten year I have enjoyed it here a lot. Made a huge load of good friends even though I haven't met the most of them. Learned a lot. And even my modelling got a little bit better. Don't you worry. If you never leave the hobby completely it will return I found out. My modelling has been on and off as well but somehow the blood always flows where it can't go. As for the last two years I'm actually more productive then I have ever been. But My life is also more stable at the moment.

@ Dave
You also congrats mate. Another one of the ol' crackers here. Post count doesn't matter much. As long as you have enjoyed yourself it should be enough. The fact that you are still around says enough doesn't it.

@ Anthony
Thanks mate. 6 years is also respectable. I think it tells a lot about a forum/website if it is able to let people stay member for such a long time.

@ James
No problemo. I have shared everything from knowledge to pictures through the years and will continue to do so for the next 10. The supply hasn't run dry yet.

@ Mike
Another one of the ol Crackers. Again as I said.. Postcount isn't that interesting the fact that you are still around tells me much much more.

@ Mario
There is always a boss above boss as we say in Holland.
Armorama has changed a lot through the years. Some changes were brilliant instantly others took a bit more to get used to but overall I can't say I regret every minute I spend here (and god knows how many that are). The conversations were always fun I echo that. The talk about the Football championships were brilliant. Speaking of which. The next European Championship. Will it be great again? For Holland I doubt it. I think we will be out in the first round.

Oh well... Up to the next 10. And hope You all will be there too.
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

speaking of which. The next European Championship. Will it be great again? For Holland I doubt it. I think we will be out in the first round.

Let's hope so!

Sorry Robert, couldn't resist.

Dave
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 05:18 AM UTC
LOL Dave

Well We'll probably will do just as good as Belgium did on their last Appearance in Europe. Incidentally they can also celebrate ten years of not playing for the Europa Cup

Don't send Mertens on my back. I love my jawbone I got it my whole life
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:44 AM UTC
Lol...we should rename this the 'Old timers thread'.

Good to see you are still with us Robert! I remember those early days pretty well and appreciate all the hard work put in by the early core members and staffers. It was much simpler times back then.

FYI...There are some big changes to the look and feel of the site coming down the road. This time for real!

Cheers,
Jim
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 07:09 AM UTC
Well done Robert. Here's to the next ten

I always look forward to following your builds
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well done Robert. Here's to the next ten

YES!! And ditto here too!

Hip, hip ... hooray! Hip, hip ... hooray! Hip, hip ... hooray!

~ Jeff
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 10:18 AM UTC
Nice one Robert. Its hard to believe ....good times.
Its nice even to see a thread with so many familiar names. Havent had much modelling time this last year or so with work, but I still keep track.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 10:54 AM UTC
@ Jim
Lol..... Veterans club well I still am happy I signed up here. Its just a very good place to be. The early years were big fun especially as I started out as somebody with only questions. And there were always friendly people willing to share their knowledge. And after several years I now can share my knowledge with others. I like that very much. In the end the changes really worked out it was more a matter of getting used to. so fire away with the new changes. It worked before and it will now too. Simpler times were nice but they don't fit the new demands. You are doing a Sterling job and thanks for the hard work you put in.

@ Pat.
I'm definitely planning to put another ten years behind it. The flow is good and I'm more productive then ever. The only thing I would change to myself is to actually finish stuff. Looking back at the last ten years I only finished a handful of projects which is a rather sad score for ten years. I'm a better starter then a finisher I'm afraid. oh well there is always time for a change. Slainte to the next ten and looking forward to your builds as well

@Jeff
Hehehe thanks for the congrats mate.

@Frank
Yeah it were good times for sure and many more will come.
Indeed it is fun to see a lot of the old names come by. but then again a lot of names disappeared never to be heard from again. Lots of things Happen in ten years time. Hope you will find the mojo again as I always enjoyed you builts.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 12:33 PM UTC
O.K. Time to here from the new guy.I've only been a member for a little over a year and I have to say,this is a great place to be.All the help I have gotten from all you guys has helped me out a lot.The amount of info and knowledge here is just unbeleavable.Once again,thanks for all the help.7000 posts,thars just unreal.Jeff T.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:32 PM UTC
@ Jeff T
Well for me that is absolutely one thing that hasn't changed for this website. A new member is just as welcome now as he or she was 10 years ago. And still will be provided with the right answers for his our her questions. For me it is one of the reasons I never left and that is the friendly atmosphere around . I'm glad you like it here just as much.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 04:29 AM UTC
Congratulations on the ten years Robert and heres to another ten. I think its great to see people who have been around here since the beginning of this site and who are still around and active now- I think it speaks well of them and of armorama/kitmaker. !
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 06:13 AM UTC
I wish I could say that I've been with the community as long as you and some of our other members here Robert, but I've only recently rediscovered this fabulous world a small handful of years ago thanks in a large part to this network. It's been a bit overwhelming with how much has changed, but I'm slowly getting my feet back on the ground and I've been enjoying every minute of it.

Cheers and keep going strong everyone!
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

LOL Dave

Well We'll probably will do just as good as Belgium did on their last Appearance in Europe. Incidentally they can also celebrate ten years of not playing for the Europa Cup

Don't send Mertens on my back. I love my jawbone I got it my whole life

Yeah right, I was already thinking, last appearance, when was that?

The last time we only qualified because we co-organized the tournament.

Anyway, up to Brazil! Where we'll do another Mexico. I think we all still live in the Mexico 86 era.

But the matches today were really great, Russia was very strong, and Poland - Greece was also very enjoyable. This tournament is gonna wreck my modelling in the next month I'm afraid.

Dave
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 08:49 AM UTC
My condolences Robert.

It was all Danish dynamite today.

Dave
 _GOTOTOP