_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman wading gear
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 528 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 10:28 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Didn't any of you bought, used the Sherman wading gear from the Tank Workshop?

If so, how are they? Do they reasonably fit to the dragon m4 Sherman Normandy?

Any resellers in Europe? Their shipping rates seem rather steep...

Same question for the wading gear from resicast, do they fit well on a Tasca sherman III?

Are there other possibilities for wading gear on a Sherman m4 and m4a2?

All info is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!

Dave
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

I have the Resicast wading gear and it was designe for the Taska kit as far as I can remember.

Can't comment on the Tank offering and the only wading gear I've used, apart form the Churchill set, is from the old Italeri Sherman kit as it was cost effective at the time.

Have fun.

Al
patton76
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 528 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hey Alan,

The resicast kit seems to be for the dragon m4a2, but I would like to use it on tascas Sherman III. I don't have the dragon kit, so I can't compare the differences. Any idea if there would be fit issues?

The tank workshop kit is apparantely for the hobby boss kit, but here I would use a dragon kit, so, same question.

Where do you get resicast stuff? They seem to be from Belgium, but I can't find a reseller here, and their site, well, let's say it could use a serious overhaul.

Thanks!

Dave
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hi Dave,

Some TWS trunks are reviewed here, but I've not used them. Looks like TWS 0033 is the one you want for a Brit Sherman III. I suspect getting trunks designed for DML kits to fit Tasca will take a little fiddling simply because the two manufacturers have different approaches to their models. But it shouldn't be too hard.

As for sources, here in the UK I find both TWS and Resicast available from vendors at the bigger modelling shows, so only buy stuff where I can pick it up with my own hands! Never tried ordering them from the web...

Tom
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 11:50 AM UTC
Dave;

I cannot speak to any of these kits specifically for a Normandy Sherman - but I have used the TankWorkShop resin wading trunk kit as designed to represent the first pattern used by the USMC on Sherman M4A2 on Iwo Jima...

First Sherman I've ever done, and the first time I've ever used any large amount (OK, any at all!) of resin in a build. I found the TWS kit to be quite nicely done, parts easy to trim and fit, and the whole deal matched well onto the Dragon M4A2 "Tarawa" kit I used as the base for the build.

For what it may be worth: I'd buy another TWS resin kit whenever I go into something where his parts will help make my build happen.

Here's the Shermie... "USMC Demagog" at Iwo Jima, Feb, 1945

Cheers!

Bob
AlanL
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 10:06 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

Resicast kit No 35.271 has the deep wading truncks for the Sherman III DML M4A2.

Kit No 35.291 has the lower sections for the M4A2 Mk III or Tarawa kit and 35.290 has the lower sections for the M4A4 Tasca, Resicast and Dragon kits.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP