_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Guadalcanal Patrol
tsweeney
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
Armorama: 131 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 03:01 AM UTC
Gents
Since I retired I have a lot of time on my hands (when not playing golf) So let me know what you think?

Thanks

Tom
TigerDioramas
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
at first a quite nice composition and the first dio withthis "sneaking in the jungle" them i really like.
but there are some points ,id like to mention even though i hvent done here anything else then critising people so take it als constructional critic.
1.the water seems to me to blue a green colour would ,in my mind, more fit
2.the marines could get more dirty (and mybe wet, i mean if you walk through a river you probably wont be able to keep totally dry)
3. the grass on the ground looks strange, i would make it even really long or just put it away.
4.ok this is quite small: the guy in front seems to be crouching, so i would build something to give him a reason to crouch (like some leafes)(and group the others behind him

but thats just what I think and i would have it build with some other things (make it moore like the cover of the kit with something like a floodet jungle) but thats what i think and that shouldnt smaller youre work
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 07:51 PM UTC
The only thing I have to say. I would have taped the wood base to save alot of clean up. Tom check out Diorama ru.com They have some good tips on diorama building.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 07:36 AM UTC
Looks really good, Thomas.

Try taking some pictures witout flash in daylight. The colors look like there is a lot of contrast, but probably due to the flash on the camera.
adamant
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 08:07 AM UTC
I like this alot Thomas! I think you've created a great atmosphere in this little dio! I actually like the way your water turned out, water in the tropics is quite often clear so I think you've captured the look well. My only quibble is that the grass should have been longer as it looks more like moss, which isn't bad imo but could have done with longer tufts of grass. Other than that it reminds me of a painting I've seen on the cover of a Guadacanal book. Congrats!

_GOTOTOP