Hosted by Darren Baker
PSM Pearson Blade, USMC Abrams
MikeMummey
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 653 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 09:22 AM UTC
I see on the Perfect Scale Modelblau site that they now offer a resin Pearson Blade for the Abrams. Note that this Blade is not the M1 Direct Fit Blade currently in service, but the original blade that needed to have the four mounting points welded to the front of the hull. This application was seen on USMC Abrams in Iraq circa 2005-2007. So to answer someones inevitable question: No, it is not used in Afghanistan. There is still a need for someone to produce the M1 Direct Fit Blade currently in service that mounts to the four(4)existing tow eyes on the hull front. I thought I saw some cargo strap ratchet handles, ISO mats and slave cables on the site too. 'Tank' you to PSM for filling in the blanks regarding 1/35 scale USMC Abrams. Semper Fi to Gerold and his loyal minions.
Outta here, Mike . . .
Citizinsane
KitMaker: 463 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:47 AM UTC
Hey Mike,
you're right, one of the newer releases is a stowage set including some of the most common items to all abrams tanks such as slave cable, ammo boxes, iso mats, ratchet straps, spare track pads, track links, binos etc. as well as one of those field-mod bumpers seen in 2004:

as for the direct fit blade, who knows, now that PSM have got the basic version maybe they'll come up with something even more up to date in the near future...

Cheers, Max
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 02:48 AM UTC
Just picked up the Dozer kit directly at PSM ... Looks really nice and crisp and whit more details then the Trumpeter blade i used before.
The "actual" version of the Dozer is almost ready for production as Gerold showed me, so one will be able to fit both versions depending on what time periode your USMC M1 will be.
Also there is a new upgraded kit of the M728 CEV with a whole new "correct" Dozer blade + attachments available now .... Succeeding the former kit relaying on the Acadamy Dozer set.
I also saw some more USMC kits awaiting production ..... One was a rather large conversion kit with the option to fit the actual (upcomming) Dozer to it among other things!
So far so good

Cheers
Christopher
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 08:02 PM UTC
just saw the Fallujah set on their website, really interesting, was there any Nato cammo. M1 with bumpers?
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also there is a new upgraded kit of the M728 CEV with a whole new "correct" Dozer blade + attachments available now .... Succeeding the former kit relaying on the Acadamy Dozer set.

Great news!!!!!!!!!

(I assume the M9 blade will be available as a separate set as well?)

Cheers,
/E
chnoone
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 1,033 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:34 PM UTC
Heh Guys !

Here are some pics of the USMC M1 Dozer kit and M728 CEV from the German Model Master Show

Heh Erik
just send Gerold an email, I am sure he will be able to help all the guys who are just in the need of the correct Dozer for their M728

Cheers
Christopher
 _GOTOTOP