_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-64 wheels and T-55AM conversions
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 03:25 PM UTC
Hey all, I'm looking for some help concerning aftermarket wheels for the Skif T-64 kit. A couple of the wheels in my kit are out of round. I thought I saw a mention of AM wheels on Perth recently, but now I can't find the post. I could wait for the for the Trumpeter kit, but I've had the AA update set and track set for awhile and want to see what I can with them and the Skif kit.

My other question concerns aftermarket T-55AM conversion sets. Any recommendations as to which one is better, CMK, Legends or Miniarm? The Miniarm and Legends kits look good (I haven't seen the CMK set), but I can't find any reviews. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 04:36 PM UTC
Hi Eric,

I have the legends fuel cell for the T55 & it is really nice I have seen reviews / builds using the miniarm stuff & they meant to be rally good.

Hope that helps

Mike
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 09:28 AM UTC
For T-64 replacements and upgrades, Miniarm is the way to go.

I did notice that they don't have a wheel set anymore, so the answer may be to resin squash cast in plasticine using an existing wheel face as a master. It's easy... but if you don't have access through a friend or club with casting materials then you may simply have to purchase another Skif kit for parts
Tank_builder
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 03:23 AM UTC
I can't say much for the T-55AM conversion, but I've been working on legends T-62M conversion and it is amazing (granted it's my first real resin work)If the the two are anything alike in quality then I would go with the the legend set.
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 - 08:47 PM UTC
Thanks for the help!
brunocollin
Visit this Community
Gironde, France
KitMaker: 98 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 12:37 AM UTC
[quote Any recommendations as to which one is better, CMK, Legends or Miniarm? [/quote]
The only I can talk about is the Miniart set. Just one word : great ! Above all with the corrected gun mantlet.

Last thing : only Miniarm does a T-55 AM (the Russian one with KTD-2 range finder).
The other brands do the Checoslovakian AM2 with a different laser range finder.
 _GOTOTOP