_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Verlinden Bunker Dimensions Needed
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:33 PM UTC
i am considering adding a Verlinden ceramic bunker to my model railroad. serious thought is being given to the Flak Bunker #120, Atlantic Wall Flak Emplacement #113, Atlantic Wall Observation Bunker #2621, or Gun & Observation Bunker #1652.

is there a way to determine the actual dimensions for the footprint of these models? i need to fit it into some already too tight real estate!

thanks
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:53 PM UTC
Make your own bunkers.I use legos to make my walls. If you need some help contact me.
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC
i don't see myself that knowledgeable in military matters. i usually model trains & cars.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 05:04 AM UTC
If it is about accuracy keep in mind that most of the Verlinden bunkers are from the fantasy collection and that they do not match most of the original bunker designs.

Check out this PDF. It is a really extensive Scription from a German guy. The text is in German But there are a lot of drawings in there of pretty much every Bunker used in the Atlantic Wall. And a lot of dimensions can be found in this document
Atlantic Wall Scription
Keep in mind it is really a Huge PDF so it will take a while to load.

Scratchbuilding a bunker is not all that hard. Just needs foam of some sort and spackle and you are ready to go.
 _GOTOTOP