Hosted by Darren Baker
New Sherman stuff
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 12:45 AM UTC
Couldn't be helped, it's in my blood! But, gone are the days of full kits and complex conversions, keeping it simple and cheap!

http://www.scorpiusmodels.com/ResinsMilitary.html
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 710 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 03:19 AM UTC
Awesome Bob! Will you be doing any interiors?
I've got a stack of Tamiya and Bandai Shermans that need aftermarket!

Thanks,

Jon
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 04:23 AM UTC
Thinking about it, simple stuff though. I really don't want to get into complicated things for quite some time. That's what burned me out before. In order to do an interior for a Tamiya Sherman, it will require a resin lower hull due to those nasty die-cast posts that are in the kit one. But, who knows? I'm going to concentrate on accurate and detailed exterior parts for now like turrets and upper hulls, final drive covers, accessories, etc. Then keep the prices down so everyone can enjoy them.
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 710 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 05:50 AM UTC
Bob,

I'm looking forward to it. Just finished a Hobby Boss M4A3 with your 105mm turret. Great to work with and fantastic detail.

Thanks!

Jon
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments Jon, I do have an all-new M4A3 Mid-production conversion at the side of my workbench that will be for the Tamiya kits. It'll have a new High Bustle turret with it. With all the new information gathered on Shermans in the last couple of years, there will be many more accurate parts coming out soon. Kinda like the Formations series but in 48th scale. 72nd scale ones are also planned later this year.
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2012 - 02:57 AM UTC
Well Guys and Gals, just added even more to the lineup and there's also a few coming out by the end of this week. Also adding a new (hollow cast) M8 Ammo Trailer to the lot with loads of detail. It'll be a nice companion to the Tamiya M-10's and Resin M4A3 105 conversions!
 _GOTOTOP