_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Groundwork almost done
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi there
This is supposed to be somewhere in Berlin during the battle for the city in '45. I want to place a 88 mm. FlaK gun on the rails, pointing to the left. It's going to be between the figtings, and the crew (SS, Wehrmact, Hitlerjugend, etc) are taking some much needed rest.
Does it sound plausible? Please do comment.
Regards
Jacob

Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 01:24 AM UTC
Forgot these.

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 02:38 AM UTC
Your groundwork looks excellent and well painted. An 88 would look good in the position you suggested. I would add more rubble though.
J
wildsgt
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 02:47 AM UTC
Great dio. A 88 would look great there. I will follow your build
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 03:30 AM UTC
Hi Jacob,

Fantastic dio base. Love your idea and will follow this thread as well. Are you planning on a few more color variasions to the base? While it looks great it seems It has 2 or 3 color variasions that are all too similar. Just an observation Jacob.

Gary
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 12:01 PM UTC
Hej Jacob.
Nice base ... is this something you scratch built yourself or is it one of the railways foam items? Looks the part.
For me a railway wall/line is a pretty generic base/background, so why not include an 88? Go for it.
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 05:51 PM UTC
Hi Jacob
Great looking base & I think an 88 in thier with a mixed crew would be a cool idea!

Also along Gray's line what if you added a couple of reddish coloured bricks in their & with the rubble like Jerry suggested. Just a thought to add a very slight colour tangent. Looks great so far tho!!!

Cheers Mike
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 - 07:17 PM UTC
Hi all
Jerry: You might be right, but I'm planning to add a lot of spendt ammoboxes + shellcases, and there's going to be 7 or 8 figures, so my thoughts are, that adding more rubble might make the whole scene a bit too crowded. But still, nothing is settled yet, so maybe more will find it's way into it.
Gary: You're quite right about the colors, but in real life, there are more colors. I think the lighting in the pictures are much too bright, and when all the bits and pieces + figures are added, it'll look more colorfull, but I'll keep your observation in mind.
Frank: Yes, the wallpiece is from a railway set, can't remmember wich, but these things can really come in handy in our part of the hobby. BTW, are you going to C-4 this year? Personally I have to wait until next year (sigh!), but then I'll have had time to do some major modelling
Thank you all for the nice comments and good and construktive advice.
Regards
Jacob
 _GOTOTOP