_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
37th Tank Battalion Jeeps?
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 710 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 04:01 PM UTC
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has any original photos or reference material on 37th Tank Battalion (4th AD) jeeps?

Thanks!

Jon
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 1,610 posts
Armorama: 684 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 08:04 AM UTC
What sort of reference material? Do you mean how many jeeps were in a battalion, to which sections were they assigned, what sort of additional equipment (radios/weapons etc.) did they carry, that sort of information?
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:28 AM UTC
Tom,

Truth be told, I'm looking for photos of MY jeep, which I'm pretty sure served with the Recon Platoon of the 37th tank bn in WWII. It still has most of its original markings on it and I'm about to start the restoration. Since we as modelers tend to accumulate massive amounts of reference materials, I figured I'd ask here if anyone had any photos or documents relating to the 37th's jeeps.

Thanks!

Jon
Cobrahistorian
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 05:42 PM UTC
Ok, so after some sanding and removal of paint layers, I discovered that my jeep was not with the 37th tank battalion of the 4th armored division, but the 47th Tank Battalion of the 14th Armored!

I confirmed that the battalion received new vehicles just before they went overseas and that my jeep, "Race Horse" from the Recon platoon of HQ Company, remained stateside.

So, I'm looking for original 47th Tank Battalion jeep photos. Does anyone out there have any in their reference files that they're willing to share?

Thanks!

Jon
 _GOTOTOP