_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Master Box Figures in
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 02:07 AM UTC
Master Box has sent us more details of their soon to be released three new products for July 2012, with one revised set looking a great set to have to hand. Take a look inside for details.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
The generals set is a huge improvement over the ancient Tamyia set.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 06:11 AM UTC
I am a little surprised they did not include the iconic beret with two cap badges for Monty.
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 06:22 AM UTC
These are all very nice and even though I am not a big fan of more Germans, I can appreciate the great stuff that Master Box puts out. Here is some food for thought.............There is very little out there for Japanese stuff, Tanks, figures etc. What puzzles me , is why is there seemingly , absolutely nothing, either figures or equipment of World War Two, Chinese. I think a lot of us would like to portray the conflict between China and Japan during that era, or was China not invaded by Japan or even existed then ? Is it my imagination, or was China never a part of WW-II ?..........
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 - 10:23 AM UTC
The conflict between China and Japan is ages old. Japan was actually in the process of invading China in one of the precursor conflicts to WWII, and it was the Russian military that they were fighting as the Chinese had not developed a modern military at the time. The Chinese did use a handful of captured Japanese aircraft and armor, but were later supplied with military equipment obtained from other Allied countries during the course of WWII. Russia continued to fight against Japan on Chinese soil clear through the end of WWII.

There is a lot of information out there regarding all of this if you are interested, but I hope this brief overview helps to answer your question.

Bison decals did release a set of decals specifically for Chinese tanks during this period, but it is often difficult to find the appropriate kits since they've been OOP for some time. There is also at least one Sherman kit that came with marking options for a Chinese tank.
 _GOTOTOP