_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Gates of Hell, Korsun 1944
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 05:15 PM UTC
A few months ago I planned on starting a big Korsun Pocket diorama. Now, six months later, I'm just getting around to it, and it's not so big. Anyways, I'm aiming for something along the lines of the breakout through Hell's Gate.

And our headliners are:

Tamiya's Marder III

A Dragon Panzer IV (Sorry, thought I took more pics of that one)

(Ammo chain needs work)

Now it's mostly touch up's on my figures, & the inevitable ground work. Any snow/mud tips before I wing it?
Thanks for looking, it's my first diorama on here

-Conor
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 05:16 PM UTC
If you noticed my tank riders have no eyes, I did too. It's been fixed
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:46 PM UTC
Hi Conor,

Looking really good sounds like will be a big diorama & lots of work for you to carry on with!! Is that the dragon winter tank riders set?? How did you find they went together?

Just a note in regards to your photos I attened a show & tell by a professionl photographer & he suggested using either a white or preferably blue back drop using like a big sheet of paper /card board or cloth & put ti against the wall & bench making sure it has a curve & not a crease ala like folding it flat & is meant to produce much better photos.

LOL not that I have managed to try it yet, keep up the great work.

Cheers Mike
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 03:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Conor,

Looking really good sounds like will be a big diorama & lots of work for you to carry on with!! Is that the dragon winter tank riders set?? How did you find they went together?

Just a note in regards to your photos I attened a show & tell by a professionl photographer & he suggested using either a white or preferably blue back drop using like a big sheet of paper /card board or cloth & put ti against the wall & bench making sure it has a curve & not a crease ala like folding it flat & is meant to produce much better photos.

LOL not that I have managed to try it yet, keep up the great work.

Cheers Mike

Tank Riders went together perfectly, the only issue was figuring out how to sit them down without their shovels looking weird
GregCopplin
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 06:04 AM UTC
I was looking at this and almost looked lik some of the figures I had attempted to build for a KOWEL diorama. Looks great, I hope you caught the Military channel special on the gates through hell.
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 06:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was looking at this and almost looked lik some of the figures I had attempted to build for a KOWEL diorama. Looks great, I hope you caught the Military channel special on the gates through hell.

Wouldn't have missed it for anything

It's about time they had a special about that
snowgoon81
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 09:17 AM UTC
for snow, I like to use microballoons. Of everything I've tried, it has the best effect. Looking forward to the finished dio!
 _GOTOTOP