_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Early M50 Sherman
cellerdweller
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 - 06:40 PM UTC
I am currently working on converting Dragons M4A4 sherman to the early version of the IDF M50 sherman. Does anyone know who makes a conversion of the engine deck? I saw a listing of it a while back but can no longer find it.
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 - 07:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am currently working on converting Dragons M4A4 sherman to the early version of the IDF M50 sherman. Does anyone know who makes a conversion of the engine deck? I saw a listing of it a while back but can no longer find it.

I do`nt know if this helps,but someone did post some line drawings on here of various Sherman decks and rear hulls.I used these to scratchbuild an engine deck for my 1967 Sainai version.If you try the IDF section of this site you could find them.
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 - 08:46 PM UTC
I'm not home at the moment so I can't be certain if I'm right or not, but I I have engine decks from Formations and Tank Workshop for IDF Shermans. One or both of those sets could be for an early M-50. It will be a couple of days before I get home to check.
tgannon
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 01:52 PM UTC
For what it's worth, the radial M4A4T is an easy conversion. Realistically, any radial deck and air cleaners will work. You can also fabricate your own air intake cover and splashguard, just as the French and Israelis did. The Formations set will work, but I haven't seen the other one.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP