_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Khe Sanh dio
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 10:36 PM UTC
G'day, well ive started my dio of the siege of khe sanh,( the first of 3 khe sanh dios i have planned) its having a small foxhole/bunker with us marines in it, it will be on top of a slope of course, and at the bottom i am going to have some shrubs, maybe a tree or two, and running out of the bushs i want to have some nva, but i am wondering, are the dml nva sappers a suitable kit for the nva, i mean i have alot of web sites and books and i know enough about the us forces, but they dont really say to much about the nva, can anyone help me? thanks in advance
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:09 AM UTC
I built the DML sapper kit some time ago and really liked it. I made it little dio of them running at some barbed wire with the DML green berets behind the wire. It is a good kit, even though it is older. I think it would be the kit to use...

HTH,

Shaun
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:17 AM UTC
Good luck, make sure to keep us posted with some pics!

~Chip :-)
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:28 AM UTC
It's a pretty good kit to use.... Considering the other options.......$$$$$$$$$$$
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 02:07 AM UTC
Howdy lestweforget,

Sounds like a great idea you've got there! I must say, I like the subject matter.
I'll be watching this one, good luck.

Tread.
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 04:37 AM UTC
Not much out there as far as NVA goes besides the DML kit but here's something you might use. It's a site called Visions Of Vietnam I happened to stumble upon it rather deep in a google search for battle of Hue pics for a recent diorama. It's got tons and tons of great reference pics, including Khe Sanh. The great thing is that nearly all the photos have a description with them telling you what you’re looking at. BTW, I think Dragon is re-releasing the NVA Sapper Team later this year, at least here in the states. This is one I'm gonna have to get since I missed it the first time around. Good luck on your dio.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 03:17 PM UTC
Im doing a dio of KheSanh for operation coverup campaign. Will you show some progress pics of youre dio. Wish there more builders interested in Nam and more kits available any way good luck with youre 3 dios. Keep us posted.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 05:25 PM UTC
thanks guys, well i dont have a digital camera or scanner but my unlce has a scanner so as soon as i get some pics i will keep you guys up to date with how im going, that visions sight is great bracomadar, i have a few nam dios planned, this one like i said is the first of 3 for khe sanh, the next will be of an m41 walker bulldog of the 13th marines sitting in a sandbagged position, and the one after that of a huey picking up some troops from the base. After that i plan to make a dio of the tet offensive in hue, so let me know how you are going on yours bracomadar.
I have already completed a dio of the 25th taking fire from a bunker complex near cambodia, i must get picks up. well, just thought i'd let you know what i have got planned for the future, cheers

_GOTOTOP