_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T60: Can this be done?
Diddyman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 06:04 AM UTC
My very first Zvesda kit was the 1/35th T60, being used to various Tamiya and Dragon masterpieces, it was a bit of a dissapointment. However I am very much a mean SOB and I don't want to bin it. I obtained the latest Zvesda Maultier and boy what a difference, well done them. A light bulb clicked, just how much of L4500 kit can I use to upgrade my T60? If I purchase another L4500, can I can build the Lorry version as all the parts seem to be there? This is my first post so apologies if it has already been covered. Does anyone has a copy of the ICM kit instructions for the lorry as the latest Maultier ones don't cover the back build. Other suggestions are gratefully received and BTW...great forum.
timroberts8
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 105 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 03:36 AM UTC
Maybe read this thread?
http://armorama.com/forums/1951
I don't really see that any of the maultier bits could be used on a T60, the maultier suspension is based on a Panzer 2.
Best Wishes
Tim
Diddyman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:25 AM UTC
Many many thanks Tim. Just to try to find closure with this item and its a question I need to ask: did the russians ever update field use of the T60 with Panzer II tracks and running gear? My T60 hovers over the rubbish bin methinks.
EdCraft
Visit this Community
Sverdlovsk, Russia
KitMaker: 187 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 06:16 PM UTC
No any cases of the using of Pz-II running gear on T-60 tanks had place.
There were enough stores of own T-60's wheels and tracks in Russia.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 06:31 PM UTC
Dave ,, Since the T60 is a bucket of crap instead of chuckin it why not have some fun with it .. even tho Panzer II parts never were fitted to the T60 don't mean ya can't do it .. so build ya self something fun ,,a what if ..all models have a use even if they are a POS .

Phill
Diddyman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 05:48 AM UTC
Cheers and many thanks for your time. Project now cancelled. I will probably use the T60 carcass for some diorama debris.
Diddyman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 11:51 AM UTC
Good idea Phill, but I'm not going to chuck a good set of Panzer II tracks on to a project subject to a lot of potential mirth:)

Thing I can't understand is......my memory is normally pretty good and at some time I was certain that I may have read or watched that the track upgrade was mentioned somewhere. Ho Hum and never mind. My stash is full so I must make a start somewhere and I still have the models to complete for the Shildon (North East UK) ModelMania show in August. Many thanks again.
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 03:05 PM UTC
Have some fun with it and maybe throw a Miniart T-70M in the stash?

I have one, with a Zis-3 gun and tank riders. Good little kit.
Diddyman
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 06:56 AM UTC
Looks cool.
 _GOTOTOP