_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter T-62 ERA
lordjohnrock
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hi was on trumpeter Site and saw Trumpeter T-62 ERA 1/35 it looks pretty good
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 05:27 PM UTC
wow, so there will be T-64BV T-64BM then~ trumpeter always release the kit with a lot variants
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 07:49 PM UTC
They are about to release also a BMP-1 and a UAZ 469. We've been waiting for these subjects for ages

I'd say I'm really satisfied but I have some doubts about the accuracy.
Trumepeter always makes great subjects and nice and crisp kits which are ALMOST perfect. Unfortunately I'd say that there's always something wrong.
For exemple their original T-62 kit has some turret flaws which have never been corrected, their MAZ 537 kits are very good indeed, but they doen't have any engine and whells are vinyl made with a diameter which is about 1,5 mm too small.
Looking at the pre-production T-64 kit, some Russian modellers have said that turret has some shape flaws. They've noticed that it looks too sharp. Morover I REALLY hope that they are going to provide single track links in the kit rather than some awful vinyl ones
I wouldn't be taken in a wrong way, I'm far to be a rivet counter and I really like Trumpeter releases. Nobody like them seems to have the same interest in eastern subjects.
However, I wish they could improve their products

Just my opinion

Cheers
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 08:07 PM UTC
Here's the pics.. they do look nice.

Hisham
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 08:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Here's the pics.. they do look nice.

Hisham

Yes they are. Yellow parts must be PE pieces. Nice to see that BMP grills are made this way
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 06:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They are about to release also a BMP-1 and a UAZ 469. We've been waiting for these subjects for ages

I'd say I'm really satisfied but I have some doubts about the accuracy.
Trumepeter always makes great subjects and nice and crisp kits which are ALMOST perfect. Unfortunately I'd say that there's always something wrong.
For exemple their original T-62 kit has some turret flaws which have never been corrected, their MAZ 537 kits are very good indeed, but they doen't have any engine and whells are vinyl made with a diameter which is about 1,5 mm too small.
Looking at the pre-production T-64 kit, some Russian modellers have said that turret has some shape flaws. They've noticed that it looks too sharp. Morover I REALLY hope that they are going to provide single track links in the kit rather than some awful vinyl ones
I wouldn't be taken in a wrong way, I'm far to be a rivet counter and I really like Trumpeter releases. Nobody like them seems to have the same interest in eastern subjects.
However, I wish they could improve their products

Just my opinion

Cheers

I partly agree - it really bugs me that Trumpeter haven't fixed some of the problems with their T-62: Top of my list would be the fender-mounted fuel tanks (wrong pattern), very dubious mount for the DShK and grills on the right rear engine deck.

But... they're getting better. The BTR-60s are super-nice, the BRDM-2 looks great, the T-64 looks just fine to my eye, and BMP-1 looks highly promising.

I think the problem is many Trumpeter kits are a mix of recent and not-so recent tooling. Test shot photos of the T-62 and BMP-3 were doing the rounds years before they actually released the kits and in the interim they seemed to have partially retooled them to a better standard - but not completely. So you get mostly great kit with a few dumb errors.

I wish Trumpeter would be more like Dragon or Bronco and go back and fix problems in subsequent releases.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 07:07 AM UTC
Actually, Trumpeter has. The wheel included in the MAZ-537 Tank Transporter mid and late are incorrect. The tires in the KZKT and MAZ-537 last production are MUCH better. Not sure if they were added to any of the earlier releases. But they were fixed.

I agree though....the DShK mount in the T-62 tank kits is crap, and has been through a LOT of Trumpeter kits. They REALLY need to REWORK that common mounted AAMG. Hear me Trumpeter?

That aside, the T-64 will be a welcome kit even if it needs some turret work, far better than the toy-like SKIF kit. The BMP-1 also has promise. The in box perusal of the BRDM-2 early looks really nice so far. Here is to hope.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 03:29 AM UTC
Yes, I agree,me too I think that they've been getting better with their latest releases. For exemple I've bought at a low price their old T-54 and it's such a bad tool that I think I'll use just to take spare parts. You can't say that is a "crap kit", but it has LOTS of inaccuracies and shortcuts. Comparing that kit with their new products, you can notice the improvments that they have achieved. It doesn't even seem that the same company has made both them

Regarding their T-62, I really suspect that they have used a Tamiya T-55 as a reference. Some parts look exactly the same such as the suspension arms the stowage boxes....and the extra fuel cells

Yes, some flaws depend on the fact that they tend to use old parts in new releases and as Jacques has rightly said, it would be really needful that they reworked them. But when they make mistakes such as a wrong engine deck (T-62 mod. 1962) it can only depend on their research which are not accurate enough yet.

I really hope that they'll be able to reach the Bronco or Miniart quality level. Bronco is one of the few companies which have released correction part for a kit (Chaffee turret). That in my opinion shows a great attention to the customers. I hope that Trumpeter will be able to do the same soon

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP