Dragon 1/72 Jagdpanzer IV L70 (late)
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hi there .
This is my latest model finished. I'done it just 2 days ago. This is the second 1/72 model of mine, so hope you'll like it!

Huy .

lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 08:28 PM UTC
really greeat, looks a lot bigger than it iactually is!
warvos
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 09:31 AM UTC
Very nice work indeed. You could have fooled me with the scale!
She would even look better on a small vignette or groundplate

Cheers and congratulations on a nice model.
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 06:36 PM UTC
Many thanks to you two .
I just can say she is a Dragon 1/72 model, and I'm suprise that Anyone who had seen her pics said she looks bigger than she is
Here are my WIP photos:
Constructing:

Painting, decals, washing and Etc...:

Regards
Huy
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 07:38 PM UTC
Great job,I am interested in how You did the chipping,and what colors you used.Jeff T.
robw_uk
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,224 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 08:44 PM UTC
flip thats good - and I thought 1:72 aircraft were small... dont think I can build armour less than 1:35 ;-)
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 12:23 AM UTC
Jeff: Glad you liked it
About the painting, I spray a layer of undercoat, then do the shading work. After that I paint Base color (Dark Yellow - Tamiya XF-60) and the the camo (Dark green - XF-61 but mixed for lighter color). I highlighted the camo when it dried.

With the chipping work I grab a piece of "this".........:

........put a little paint on it, clean it a bit and chip it onto the model. This step I used XF-51 Khaki Grab

@Robert: you should try sometimes, 1/72s are small but they're fun! Or you should try 1/48 ones, not too big as 1/35 but not too small as 1/72 .

Many thanks to you guys .

Bonus: Some pics with dark background:

Huy .
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 12:42 AM UTC
Huy, it looks great. While looking at the finished model I was thinking "I'd really like to see how this kit was put together", as a couple of years ago I did the old Matchbox (now Revell) kit and wanted to see how it compared - and then I scrolled down to see your progress pictures, so thanks for providing those!
The old MB/Revell kit is actually pretty good, but I can see this Dragon kit scores over it in terms of the detailing, especially on that engine deck, with the tools and exhaust pipes (with the internal guard bars) looking better, and also the tracks of course.

Robert - Huy's build is a great example of what is so nice about these small kits - as he seems to suggest, he knocked it out in about a week.
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 02:24 AM UTC
Thanks for your comments Matthew, These kits did score great points! Their details are really good, however some German tanks have skirts, those skirts are much thicker than the actual size, and this decreased the points. The small size make it easier to asembly, but also harder to paint or show any advanced modelling of yours.

I hope everyone will like my "Little Angel" .
Huy.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 02:37 AM UTC
Extremely well done and beautiful workmanship. Happy to see you and your work here and hope to see more in the future. While finished pictures are always nice, it's far more informative to see some images of the work in progress. This can give others thinking about getting the model make a more informed decision. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Jan
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 07:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Extremely well done and beautiful workmanship. Happy to see you and your work here and hope to see more in the future. While finished pictures are always nice, it's far more informative to see some images of the work in progress. This can give others thinking about getting the model make a more informed decision. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Jan

Thanks Jan, I'm very appriciate!
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 01:12 AM UTC
Really nice work all-around Huy! The model does look larger due to the outstanding workmanship, painting, weathering and presentation. The second set pictures are much better at showing off the model as there is better lighting. Great job!
Wittmann98_VN
Visit this Community
Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 03:36 AM UTC
Kerry: Many thanks mate!
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2012 - 06:18 AM UTC
Beautiful job on this interesting vehicle. I've seen a couple of different versions of these built here and your's compares with the best of them. I have been languishing over the Italeri version and this one makes that one look quite poor. I always also like to see and appreciate you people that show the build pictures as that gives a better idea of how a kit is. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
AJ
 _GOTOTOP