_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
MULTICAM colors
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 01:45 PM UTC
I am sure this has been asked before, so I apologize. What are some good colors to use to paint this scheme? I would prefer to use vallejo paints...

Any help would be awesome. Also if you recommend mixes could you please guess on percentages?

Thanks!

Herky
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 - 02:05 PM UTC
you will need 2 shades of green brown and black
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 01:22 AM UTC
Exact colors don't really matter on most uniforms. As long as it is close, you are good since every piece of uniform fades and wears out differently. This effect leaves every one a different shade of the original.

I would go with a few different shades of each color; brown, green, sand, etc. Of note, there is no black on MultiCam, that is the biggest difference between them and the old Woodland Camo.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC
That Gino, Sounds like i need to go to clothing sales and put a small item in MULTICAM. Once i get that then I can hit the hobby shops and try to match....

fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 01:01 PM UTC
light tan, and coyote brown are two colors you need. Medium green and dark green as well. Olive drab I think rounds it out. This site here has a few ideas, you could match colors to the FS standards pretty readily as well.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=149082
newtonk
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 07:50 PM UTC
Or, go to militarymorons.com, the colours are listed there as: MultiCam is comprised of six colours, (note that I'm using names that I'm most familiar with to describe the colours and that may not be entirely accurate)- a dark chocolate brown, a medium/flat earth brown, MJK khaki/green, medium green, desert pink, and a light grey (the base fabric natural colour). What makes it difficult to describe (and see) is that some of these colours are gradiated and fade into each other in some places. Another feature of MultiCam is that is does not consist of a uniformly tight pattern that repeats itself freqently. The medium shades of colour alternate in a larger pattern, so that an area will change from a predominantly green hue to a brownish one a yard down. The small blotches of grey and dark brown will sometimes cluster in one area, then be absent in another. This combination of tight pattern and larger, 'seasonal change' enables MultiCam to work both close up and from a distance away. The large changes of overall tone break up one the silhouette of the larger form while the smaller patterns blend it with the immediate environment. Crye coined the term 'macroflage' for the way the distribution of large areas of colour works. Photo (1) on the left shows 4 different swatches cut from different areas of fabric. The top left swatch is predominantly green while the bottom left one is brown. The ones on the right incorporate the smaller blotches of colour. Photos (2) and (3) show Multicam in arid (L) and woodland (R) environments. Photo (4) shows me in the high desert.

hope this helps,

K.
stevenpan
Visit this Community
China / 简体
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 - 03:43 PM UTC

Hello My friend
How are you.
I'm Steven from CHINA
With Reference to the product offering on your Site,May I know If you need hunting Clothing&Military Uniform,Supplies from CHINA.
We are a Chinese Manufacturer ,Mainly products hunting wear, ( jackets, coats, pants etc.) & Military Uniform, ACU.BDU UNIFORM,ECWCS Mil-Spec Parka
If you have interest ,please contact us with no hesitate.
We are sure any of your Inquiry will get our prompt reply.
Best Regards
Steven Pan

LANXI SHELOVE ACCESSORIES FACTORY
E-mail:[email protected] Skype:stevenpan258
Address: Room 201,No. 61 building YI DONG Road YIWU City Zhejiang Province CHINA
Tel:0086-0579-88218030
Cell:0086-13858993816 Zip code:322000
www.clothingoem.com

_GOTOTOP