Hosted by Darren Baker
Iraq war Building corner.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 08:45 AM UTC
On process this diorama about 50% to finish it. The building and ground all made from paper. Thanks and welcome to every suggests about this diorama.

zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 09:17 AM UTC
Prasert: Nice little building. I wonder about the doors though. They look more like they are from the farm than from a city?

Happy Modeling, -zon
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 09:58 AM UTC
The doors are an easy fix, unless you have a back story to explain them. The rest of the building and street are quite well done. You may want to account for drainage from the roof of the building. Without gutters and a down pipe, water tends to accumulate at the corners of buildings. This includes the balcony. If it weren't for the doors, it appears to be a building from the Soviet block. Several of this type of building style is found in Russia, abandoned. Depending on the time frame, you could put up propaganda posters to distinguish it. Archer makes some wall slogans( http://www.archertransfers.com/AR35064W.html ). Of course, it would be easier, cheaper and, imho, much more realistic if you found a slogan and hand brushed it on.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 06:14 PM UTC
Many thanks Zon and Matt.
The suggests from both of you are very usefulness for me to finish this diorama scene. Thank you.
olivato
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Argentina
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 01:27 AM UTC
Hi Thanan

Nice work on this building.
However, I donīt understand the construction over the balcony.
I guess this construction should be below the terrace floor, and the terrace should continue to the balcony line, but is only a suggestion, maybe you have a reason for this construcion in particular.

Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP