_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
another GB? this one's different (honest)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:10 AM UTC
Just wondering (wondering, i'm not suggesting anything YET) if anyone would be interested in a GB based on Turtledove's books. I'm thinking particularly on his WorldWar books. I.E. T34s vs. Alien Land Cruisers, ME262s against Alien Combat aircraft, Meteors flying against the Aliens etc. Now before anyone gets any ideas, there are no (or at least none that i'm aware of) models available of the alien invasion forces (conversion is not a possibility here, this is scratchbuilding at its purest form) However, careful reading of the books could provide a wealth of ideas.. The books have everything, Churchills,Tigers you name it, HT used it in his books.... Feedback (as is customary on these occasions) would be most welcome. This one could really get the weirdos champing at the bit... #:-) Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:18 AM UTC
Sure Jim - we're already doing something akin to this in the Twilight: 2000 Campaign running right now. It's wildly fun and successful - so much so that we're gonna keep on building through to an annual-type event. I've never seen so many builders with great ideas being put into three dimensions.

I think Turtledove inspiration would be grand too.

Gunnie
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:27 AM UTC
I guess it was the T2000 campaign that got me thinking of this.. The real way this would differ is obviously in the time-zone. The line-up of forces becomes quite interesting as well with Soviet Partisans working with regular Wermacht forces and the introduction of new technology much quicker than previously imagined. Anyone fancy building an AEW Lancaster?...Jim
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 09:38 PM UTC
It would be fun creating 'standard' Lizard armor... Just reading through the lines,and this is where T2000 would be useful, we are looking at a Tech level of probably 21st century versus mid 20th. The scale would be an interesting area as well, remember that the lizards are supposed to be much smaller than humans, with the corresponding difference in cockpit/fighting compartment size... Unlike the human forces, the lizard armor is much simpler as well, nothing like the variations available to the human forces... In aviation, the lizards begin to use human freefall bombs as well, with guidance packages attached to them. Aviation is probably the most interesting aspect, the 1946 Luftwaffe order of battle goes on line in 43/44 and the Meteor V also comes into play years earlier... Jim
 _GOTOTOP