_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Brick mould
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:32 PM UTC
does any one know of a company that sells a mould for making individual bricks in 1/35?
I want to do an urban dio with lots of loose bricks around and need a mould to make them.
Many Thanks
Robbo
Fritz
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 495 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:00 PM UTC
In one of KFMagee's articles (Digital Diamonds I think), it is shown there how to make your own bricks.
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:00 PM UTC
You can make yourself a mold, very cheap

Look at a Digital Diamonds article from Keith Magee

Make Your Own Brick Debris!
Kancali
Vendor
KANCALI
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 - 02:24 AM UTC
At a later date wanted to try my hand at a short article about this for armorama, but ill just post this idea.
A product called flexifoam is available at craft stores.. It comes in various size sheets and thicknesses of 2mm to 6mm and ranges from 99 cents+. Also available are hole punchers
that punch rectangular holes. Mine cost $5.49.
Cut the flexifoam into 1" to 2" strips and start punching holes. The punched out pieces will have the size and shape of bricks.
One hole puncher i bought had a reservoir to catch punched out pieces.. best to rip that off with some pliers. Also works best to use the punch over a bag or basin.
Some of the bricks will be lacking in shape (half punches and such) however if they are used in a large pile they still work well.
Most of the flexifoam comes in alarmingly bright colors and the foam will absorb some liquid so instead of spray painting i wisk them around in a slurry of paint and water, then remove to a bowl and let dry. If they dry in clumps dont worry.. you can break them apart as needed.
Alot of the dio pics in my gallery have some of the foam bricks in them. Any tips or techniques to expand on this brick making process are welcome. Good luck

_GOTOTOP