1/72 3M (No it is not scothtape)
rf1964
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 03:25 AM UTC
Hello

Again a post of my last work. They are two M48 and M60Balzer.
The two models are from ESCI, very old. The other is from ITALERY but the mold is from ESCI.
Because of the age i decided to keep "the error of the wheels and tracks".
The M48A2 with L7 105mm gun is a recovery. Made this model for the portuguese army long time ago.
- Stuff I use to do .
Surface Primer from Humbrol, base color made with Tamiya .
Wethering with pigments from MIG, Tamiya, wash MIG and AK (NATO WASH).
Details paint with Vallejo.
Gloss varnish waterbased acrylic Vallejo and in the end matte varnish from Humbrol (with white spirit).
Boxes, cables, blankets and other stuff and the numbers areI made with toilet paper, printer corel draw and patience of the other-half
Come and let see the work:

M48A2:
Tamiya base color 1P XF-60 Dark Yellow + 1P XF-57Buff

Finish Model

M48A2 L7 105mm:
Tamiya base color: 1P XF-57 Buff + 1P XF-59 Desert Yellow + 1P XF-20 Medium Grey

Finish Model

M60 Blazer
tamiya base color 1P XF-20 Medium Grey + 1P XF-57Buff

I made the small motar having as a model the mortar in Merkava.

The side numbers

Finish Model

Thank for your suport and coments
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 03:56 AM UTC
@rf1964 - Rui, Welcome again to Armorama and the Braille Scale forum and glad to see you sharing more of your builds with this group. You have done a nice job on these three old kits and appear to be amassing quite a number of Israeli tanks. I have built the Blazer in the past and also have most of an M-48 built (90 mm gun version). It's just a pity about the way they made the road wheels.

Cheers,
Jan
rf1964
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 07:04 AM UTC
hello
And thank you. About the number of IDF tank's number i have another two Merkava to build.
About the road wheels i think that show the age of the models.
I am about to finish 3 M60A3,one from ESCI and two from Revell, and you see the diference there.
Thank you very much for your reply.
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 07:30 AM UTC
Greetings Rui and welcome to this forum. It's a;ways nice to see another small scale builder join us. I see these models on sale at a lot of hobby shops but have never bought one. They don't look as bad as I thought and you've done a good job in finishing them. It's also nice to see pictures of the construction as that can give some of us an idea what the model is like. How were these kits to build?

Thanks for sharing this here and hope to see more of your work and comments in the future.

Regards,
AJ
rf1964
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 09:44 AM UTC
Very easy to do it.
Its a ESCI trade mark , very good molds and detail.
The only problem its the wheels and traks.
I think they are very good kits.
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2012 - 06:02 AM UTC
nice trio

All of them old Esci mold, therefore problem with the wheels. But perfect finish...
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 06:56 PM UTC
@rf1964 – Rui,

Thank you for sharing you latest builds with us they are quite nice. I like the stowage and screens you have adorned your vehicles with. Looks like you are fully enjoying this hobby and I am glad to see your efforts posted here. I mush agree with Erhan ‘erhntly’ Atalay about the ESCI Braille scale military line of kits in that the overall kit is well detailed but the wheels and tracks need some attention to bring them up to current model kit standards.

It is good to see these kits gracing this small-scale forum. I happen to have a rather large collection of ESCI kits and have recently begun building the Merkava I. One of the best improvements I made to the kit was in replacing the wheels and modifying the tracks. One of these days I will go back and do some more work on the kit and post an update to the build log I started some time ago here. I mention some of this as seeing your builds affords me the inspiration to forge ahead with my vehicle.

Thank you for posting and sharing your work here with all of us.
~ Eddy
rf1964
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 11:22 PM UTC
Thank Eddy for your opinion.
I hare to start Mekava I? Its a good model.
But for you to get some courage, in this moment i "my production line" are to be finish 3 M60A3 (yes 3 - two Revel one Esci) and one M60A2.
I have a fifth M60A2 is waiting for some time and maybe i correct the tracks and wheels.
And after the "M" series is in my plan to do the Leopard Family ( includes a "Biber"). its about 10 modesl.
The Merkava It only misses Merkava III from Revell to made and a modification of Merkava III from Altaya.
So see here is a small part to end until the end of the year.
As my son said´s to a seller " Don't sell any mor tanks, he as until the end of life models to do" (i never count them)
About the stowage, oh man i take the most fun to made them at home with several materials. An old habit to see my friends ( when i was young)to go to England and buy accessory. Money was very and still is.
Sometimes my birthday come a surprise and I have some backpacks or tracks or decals, so once a year.
But many, many thanks for your comments and support.
Good ideas are always welcome.
Kind Regards
Rui aka rf1964
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hi Rui

Welcome to AM
Fantastic results on these oldies but goodies.

Well done,

P.A.
 _GOTOTOP